Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:17AM

I think i might almost be recovered. This has been a very long, life long journey for me out of TSCC. I still haven't been able to get around to resigning yet, but the 'fears' of familial rejection I was having regarding resigning are completely gone. I realized that they already had rejected me. No one calls to see how I'm doing. They barely acknowledge me when they do see me. I haven't seen most of them since my grandfather's funeral well over a year ago. Now, they do all think I'm a freak who's rejected them because I don't have time to go to family functions, but whatever. Forget them, you know? My mom knows that I don't believe, & so does my ex-sister-in-law. They are the only TBM adults in my family that I even talk to. I don't have a good relationship with my mom because of my abusive dad (who's not even active, but won't resign), but I'm trying very hard to fix things with her, but if I can't oh well. I'm still hoping to resign in January. I know that I will have heavy resistance from local leaders even though I haven't been to church in 10 years simply because I know that they consider me as someone who they think will come back. Well, forget them too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:38AM

Ironically it was my dad who, outside of a few aunts, and a cousin, did not ignore me (I reported him for abuse).

One day they may try to seriously befriend me since I am the family genealogist, and a professional researcher. Too bad for them, because I am not their doormat anymore. Years ago I would have done anything to share my research with them, because I thought that since we were family, they felt the same way towards me. I was stupid. I did not realize that if they cannot take from me I am of no use to them, and it is mostly money and/or prestige my brother wants. He already took my inheritance. When I was in HS they took my money from work, in college they took my prom dresses (sister-in-law & her sisters), my dolls & toys for their children, he stole my music (hundreds of dollars worth), things my grandmother left me, and since my father died he has refused to send me any of my property. My younger brother, and I would probably be friends if he were not an alcoholic. He has shut out everyone. For once they need to give something in return, because the "we're family" reason is not enough anymore, and I know they will not do it.

Sometimes family just sucks. This is one reason I despise TSCC's glorification of family, and how they force people to go to them for help. It is traumatic to be forced to go to people who repeatedly reject you.

When resigning, they didn't want to remove my name too, because they thought I was a good person. I tried to explain that being a good person had nothing to do with believing in gawd. I am the same person, just not deluded.

I am not recovered though, because I have other issues with TSCC, and my family issues are mostly separate, and not LD$ issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 01:59AM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:06AM

...who have been brainwashed by the cult to reject non-believing family members.

You say, "the 'fears' of familial rejection I was having regarding resigning are completely gone. I realized that they already had rejected me." It is good to reach this point BEFORE resigning, as you have now done, Tristan.

I take it that you are waiting until January to resign so you won't 'spoil their Christmas,' so to speak. If so, that is thoughtful of you, particularly considering their unkind attitude toward you.

Good luck; and let us know how the resignation goes, when the time comes!

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:17PM

In business and in relationships, the person who is willing and able to walk away from a bad deal always is in the stronger position.

Sometimes you just have to say chuck it and move on without a backward glance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.