Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phillip ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:43PM

I just moved to Portland. My TBM mom was visiting last weekend when two missionaries knock at the door. It was AKWARD! I turned them away. About five minutes later my mom stands up, says she doesn't feel comfortable and leaves.

I've been trying to figure out if she sent them, or it was just a coincidence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:46PM

Posted by: Phillip ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:51PM

No, that sounds like something a responsible adult would do... :)

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:11PM

But I don't think I'd ask her either, if I were you--sometimes it's best to "let sleeping dogs lie." Besides, "responsible adulthood" is overrated ... and absolutely NOT permitted on RfM (LOL!).

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 09:49PM

some of the shit some of you deal with all the time. Don't get me wrong, I have my own shit; things may be dire in my world, but at least.... at least, I don't have tbms to deal with. Oh, there's my sister in Idaho, but she never calls, and I haven't spoken to her in months and months.

Ok, back to you.... it's likely your mom sicked them on you and wasn't happy with the outcome. Next time, especially if she's there, invite them in and challenge their bullshit in front of her.... you know, but be nice about it. Deniability.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:02PM

Comes down to it, it was your house, and your choice to send them away. Your call, not your Mom's. I suspect she did put them onto you, but even if she did not, she needs to respect your choices and boundries.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:09PM

Don't expect TBM's to understand ANY reason for not wanting to be Mormon. It doesn't matter what your reason is, you're the evil one to them. Many of them will completely disown their own children for it. Any evidence you have, well they just dis-fellowship you for trying to tell others about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.