Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: emma ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:07PM

Ok so got a sister on a mission who sends our family emails about once a week. I've actually have gotten hooked on them. Secretly I'm hoping for her investigators to see through all the crap. On the last letter I got, she was teaching a married couple. This is what she says about the husband: unfortunately he is the kind that likes to think. I was like wtf! This is the first time I have heard a mormon be so open about it. I told DH about it and he laughed out loud. I kind of want to say something to my sis about this but she probably wouldn't be open to any critisism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:10PM

That is so precious!! Bwahahahahahaha!

Thanks for sharing. Let us know when you receive you next epistle. :)

Ron

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:11PM

"Hello, we're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we'd love to share our message with you about how we feel about Jesus Christ, but only if you are not a thinking person...may we come in?"

Posted by: Serena ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:11PM

Of course he should think! So should we all, and she should be told so, as well as a verbal smack upside the head.

Amazing.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 04:44PM

Awesome -- thinkers are not welcomed.

Which btw, this reminds me why I'm rehearsing in my mind my response the next time the doofus in my EQ says, "that's not pertinent to your salvation"

My answer: "With all due respect to Brother Jackwagon, but I , like Joseph Smith, am seeking truth ... I do this by THINKING and REFLECTING on the MYSTERIES OF GODLINESS. thus, I judge this topic and/or line of reasoning to be pertinent to my salvation -- a man cannot be saved in ignorance afterall"

Of course, I think JS was a horny con-man ... but why not use him as a verbal handgrenade every once and awhile?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 04:57PM

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 05:16PM

and she actually was complaining that her daughter is "One of those self thinkers"....WTF

Her daughter is a school teacher and she did not like it she was not a blind follower...lol

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 05:19PM

1. Gays
2. Feminists
3. Thinkers

Posted by: Ms. ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 05:49PM

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 05:37PM

yeah, thinking is terrible. i sure as hell hope the engineers that designed my car didn't THINK, the doctors and nurses who take care of me to THINK...thinking is terrible terrible stuff..

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 09:52AM

Come on guys - we all know that when the prophet speaks the thinking has already been done. It's a real time saver for TBM's.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 10:11AM

"our contact, Blank Blank, had been doing so well, then they went on the inter-net and found out some anti stuff about the church. they cancelled their baptism date & dont want to talk to us any more unless its to tell us about the stuff they found out on the inter net. Its a heart breaker because it was the only person we could find to teach for the last 2 months.
now we just have to try very hard to find someone else and hope they dont get side tracked by anti Mormon info on the internet
hopefully the lord will bless us"

I am in some kind of auto default because unless a new missionary story come alongs that is worse / BETTER than this all I hear is blah blah blah when a mission is being talked about.

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 10:22AM

Ya my sister complains all the time that her investigators are getting on anti mormon websites. We must be doing something right.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.