Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 12:58PM

OK, I haven't even started reading though all this and I will be watching the Prop 8 appeal so I won't get to it for a while, but I saw this and through people here might be interested.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/44716106/Homosexuality-a-Straight-BYU-Student-27s-Perspective-Draft-2h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 03:20PM by MJ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 03:21PM

So far, it's mainly quotes from both GLBT Mormons & Ex-Mormons, and quotes throughout LDS history that have to do with the evils of homosexuality. Interesting read though. Very thorough.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 03:27PM

Write what you know, they said. So, I wrote about homosexuality. You know, from a persepctive that inherently knows nothing about homosexuality

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 05:50PM

I'm just a short way into it but it is very sympathetic toward gays. He says his cousin told his family he was gay and subsequently left the church, so he's given a lot of thought to the subject due to it being very personal to him. His chapter outline lists a chapter on why the church should allow gay marriage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.