Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:09PM

Did any of you intentionally do something to piss off the 'higher ups' when you were a 'member'? For me, I always questioned WHY, and I intentionally wore dirty PANTS/SWEATS to sacrament on Sunday...The bishop said at one time I had to dress appropriately to attend, There was a guy I knew that DID in fact wear a dress to church...he seemed to look the other way on that one though. then he turned around and said that I HAD to stay for the FULL 3 hours(double yuck). Then IF I got restless I could take a walk into the foyer, and then it was right back to class. Well, I took that walk many times...outta class, down the hallway, and then out the door to car, off to home to watch the Sunday ball game. I figured that was "payback" for that p.o.s. making my life a living hell and NOT helping me with my heat bill, did I mention that I went without heat for over a year cause he seemed to have a personal vendetta against me from day one. So, I figured since he was making my life a living hell and not helping me in any way shape or form, payback is a b****, and I tried to mess with his mind too. I am sooo glad I am away from all that mess now and even moved outta state to get away from TSCC. Im alot happier now, and Im not physically ill from their stress anymore...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 01:11PM by utahmonomore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:43PM

When I got back from my mission I stopped wearing a tie, this was back in the 80's. I researched the origin of the neck tie and found it came from a French Fashion craze inspired by the Croatian Army neck ties.

When asked I would say "I refuse to follow french fashion and wear the military symbol of Croatia". I would get funny looks when I would press them why the tie was worn they had no answer. I would firmly remind them that Jesus does not care about French Fashion and neck ties were not appropriate because they symbolized a foreign armies dress code.

That went over like a ton of bricks. I also started to wear Hawaiian shirts and that was great.

I visited Sandra Tanner a couples years ago and told her I wore no tie. She said "But with no tie they would never give you a calling or ask you to pray" I smiled and said "Yes I found the loop hole of how to go to church and be left alone"

Worked great and I recommend people try it if they want to attend church and never be bothered.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 02:36PM

I shoulda added a Hawaiian shirt with my jeans....that woulda been so cool!!! Thanx for sharing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.