Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Smiling Dog ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:41PM

Thanks to SL Cabbie for disclosing the "nut job mormon site of the year" in a previous thread.

Here's the link:

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/

Here's a quote from the thread, "The Separation and the Gathering to take place??????"

"I appreciate all of your reply's to my posted question. I do understand fully the parable of the "Wheat and the Tares"...and that it is taking place as we speak. What I am talking about is the fact that I hosted a speaking engagement last March with Dr. Jack Monnett. At that event I was pulled to the side by someone that I work with at the Temple. This person is a sealer and a Stake Patriarch, and I have known him for over 10+years, so he is very credible to me, and my family. This person had relayed to me some counsel that was given to him by one of the counselors in the Temple Presidency. And that counsel was and is that that Church has begun "testing" a notification program that would be used when the time needs be that would notify members in North America about a gathering out that will take place. He referred to them as "Stakes of Zion" or in other words places of refuge or sancuaries. He said this is to be done shortly after the "daily sacrifice" is to be taken away from us. He also made mention that there would be some requirements for those that would get the invite to go and be "assigned" to one of these places. This is to be strickly all volunteerly done, for those that would go. From that time forth I know and have seen many upgrades taking place to the infrastructure at many of the Church owned camps throughout the Rocky Mountain area. I know the person in charge who is directing these upgrades, and I have several family members that hold positions as Bishops or Stake Presidents that have these happenings taking place in their own "Temple Districts" as well. My own Stake President for over the last year in our own Ward Conference, Stake Conferences, Stake General Priesthood Meetings and other leadership meetings has counseled us that "in a short time we are going to be asked by the Prophet to do something very hard, and many of you will choose not to follow him. Those that choose to follow him will be protected, and those that do not will suffer." He has made this statement more than 5 times at these conferences, and he has counseled us to prepare for the sifting of the "Wheat and the Tares." that will be taking place, as well as much more to come. Also, our Area Authority has made mention of these "Stakes of Zion" that the Church is spending a great deal of resources to upgrade and prepare them for a broader usage to come. I have had too many experiences since last March to discount what I have been counseled myself as mere coincidences of this same message. So I am aksing any of you if you have had any of these same experiences, or do you know anyone who has?"

Anyone worried?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:05PM

Got to keep those guys busy somehow. Otherwise they might even start to think for themselves.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:09PM

if it had appeared on this site. It freaks me out to know that I know plenty of Mormons who would find such nonsense faith-promoting and/or normal.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:22PM

They kind of lost me on the 'underground cattle sites'. That seems probable.....

Posted by: Run for the hills ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:27PM

Let me check with god and I'll get back to you

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:28PM

socks with sandals, all the way, yo.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:30PM

There aren't enough days left in this year and next to sort out all the worthy candidates from that place...

I mean, check out the stuff I posted about on raptorjesus's thread... And that was just from two or three posts over there...

Gotta get back to Costco...

Date: December 09, 2010 04:50PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 13, 2010 12:57PM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:01PM

In January we take suggestions for the Mormon Nut Job of 2010. From that we make nominations in several categories, Nuttiest defense of Church History, Nuttiest Defense of a GA past or present, Best use of Scripture in a nutty way, Best nutty testimony, Best nutjob in a supporting role and of course best nutjob of the year. Then we take a vote. After the vote we have an "awards ceremony, (ok, it's really and excuse to have a party) and give out the "awards"!

Date: December 13, 2010 12:50PM

I second the idea!

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:32PM

of the City Creek Mall. The "great resources" he doth sacredly speak of (i.e. 2+ Billion) certainly must be this great edifice. In a time of "gathering" this Jesus Mall will be used to house the most faithful of the saints. Why, my former Stake President already has dibbs on a corner at Aeropostle, and my Bishop, well he will camp out at Dillards. I see it now, its not just a mall, its a gathering place. Damn, I'm so wicked I can't see these higher spiritual things.

I figure you'll start seeing bull shiz like this, because the sheepie have to feel special and separate so that they can get the to the highest level of the Celestial Kingdumb. As folks continue to leave the church, you'll see many more 2nd endowments being performed and weird shiz like the above in an effort to stop the bleeding. Hey, at least TSCC is creative..you can only build so many temples.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:06PM

I totally don't get this. What are they talking about? A compound, Koresh style? Is this for real? No, it isn't for real. I never heard of this. Its a nut job talking here.

Date: December 09, 2010 05:38PM

What there is on that site is a very real gathering place of individuals who, in spite of all evidence, wish to have their own narrow--and delusional--realities reinforced for reasons and agendas of their own.

It's essentially a recreation of the Mormon stakes and wards found in Utah and the Morridor (branches elsewhere and in many countries, I'm informed), and the control of information and the propaganda is frightening.

As I noted--and I didn't go searching for this, I literally stumbled on it while driving around the Web--it has historical parallels with W. Cleon Skousen and what happened when he was dismissed as Salt Lake Police Chief (and rejected as a candidate for Utah governor as well).

Skousen headed south to the environs of Provo and Brigham Young University (really small towns in 1960's Utah) and began operating his propaganda machine.

And a correction I would add is "nutjobs" plural, rather than singular... This site is genuinely representative of the social, religous, and political views of many Mormons in Utah, Idaho, and Arizona.

Give it a gander and notice how many there are there... And feel free to call a taxi for a lift out of the swamp; I just added a winch and some ATV tires to the ol' police interceptor...

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/

Some topics...

>Glenn Beck warming to our "awful situation" (Eth 8)? 12/6/10

>Feast of the LORD Mormons ignore sign of the times!

>Has Satan Hijacked Science?

>Economic WARFARE You have one year at best! austerity Fraud

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:37PM

"Is The Establishment Preparing to Unveil Aliens?" http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14256

Of course what if the Aliens are from Kolob, Shinehah or Olea... and they're dressed like Quakers!!!

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 11:30AM

There was a great "Ancient Aliens" show on TV last night that taught me all angels are actually ET's. There was some dispute about their intentions, whether hostile or benign.

Date: December 09, 2010 06:29PM

Here is a great quote from the thread, "3 Dangers Threaten Church":

"People should be recognized according to the level of service that they give.

Let me defend that position - if the Prophet or a General Authority were to visit my ward, it would be unthinkable in my mind for them not to be recognized. And I think this recognition is acknowledgement that they have largely sacrificed their lives in our service."

This person has been bent over the table so long, he doesn't know where he begins and the cult ends...

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 08:49PM

Those people are the very reason I don't want anything to do with mormonism. I hope these nut jobs don't migrate my way. We've already got Amish.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 08:35PM

One thing that I saw on that forum repeatedly was the idea that when the "Saints" start calling the world to repentance, they can expect to be persecuted in return. Seriously, guys? Who wants to <i>persecute</i> Mormons? They're more likely to get laughed at & dismissed as kooks.

Anyway, isn't the whole point of the missionary work to call people to repentance, anyway? It's not like it's something new.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:00AM

Heaven knows I've had enough of 'em whine at me for being "disrespectful" about their precious religion. ;)

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 12:52AM

I read this thread yesterday and was thoroughly entertained.

They are forgetting that TSCC is building a 4 billion dollar mall. I guess the 15 not really planning on the world ending anytime soon, unless Jesus returns and remodels it into a really nice condo for himself.

Stupid whack jobs -- It scares the hell out of me that some of the posters over there might be my neighbors!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 02:15AM

It seems like a bunch of LDS people who listen to Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, Joel Skousen, and Glenn Beck.

Posted by: not part of the problem ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:52PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 03:15PM

The end times are surely near! Everybody get ready to hie to the compounds!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.