Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 01:33PM

...and then let Great-Grandma wither away needlessly by starving to death upstairs in the spare bedroom???

I will truly never understand this quandary. To me it would appear to be the greatest gift we could ever bestow upon a fellow human being.

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Uncle Max ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 02:08PM

it leaves some old people with a morbid dread of being "allowed" to go before their time. I know one old lady who is in considerable pain despite the best endeavours of her doctors - she has made them write "Resuscitate at all times" on her hospital notes because she is terrified someone will decide it's "kinder" to "let her go" and she is not bloody ready yet.

You might not like Grandma's life but that isn't to say Grandma is ready yet, especially if with decent care she can get some enjoyment out of life.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 02:14PM

I THINK IT OPENS THE DOOR TO UNINTENDED DEATHS AND murders... but in principle i would agree that there should be that option... i guess that "they" just want you to commit hari kari.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.