Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:06PM

What's with people not turning on their fucking headlights after it gets dark? I mean, really, are they afraid of draining their batteries? So cheap that they don't want to use filaments in the headlight bulbs any more than necessary? What exactly?

As I understand it, lights are supposed to come on at dusk. They are also supposed to be on whenever windshield wipers are necessary. I know, I know, most of the useless fuckbaskets would say "I can see the road just fine, why do I need light?" Well, you waste of human flesh, it's because the headlights are just as much so *others* can see *you* as much as it is so you can see them. Putting life and limb at risk because your ego is so fucking fragile you need to prove a point about your eyesight puts you at the same level as used car salemen, child molestors and stake presidents.

And you complete assclowns who drive around with just parking lights on? Let's just say if cars had been around when Dante was writing The Inferno, there would've been another level of Hell just for you people. Really, it says it right in the fucking name: "PARKING lights". Meaning, you use them when you're parked, or driving thru parking lots. If you really find that point too difficult to get your tiny brain to absorb, maybe you should leave the driving to people who aren't on the same intellectual level as mollusks.

Honestly. Just use your lights, idiots!

There. I feel better now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:18PM

I saw someone this evening with no lights on.

I am not keen on the European Union, but they are introducing mandatory running lights that are on all day and all night. Might help.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:18PM

I think it happens because people's eyes don't percieve the decrease in acuity that occurs as the sun gradually goes down. I bet as soon as they realize it, they turn their headlights on. They don't want to be hit any more than we want to hit them.

I'd say it's Miller Time. ;)

Date: December 14, 2010 05:45PM

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:43PM

Posted by: dude_guy ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:45PM

I'd put my money on "They just forgot"

Date: December 14, 2010 05:46PM

So why doesn't it have any effect?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 05:56PM

Because most don't catch the difference in today's headlamps. Try turning your lights off & on a few times & they'll catch on-unless they're too busy yelling at their 7 kids.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 07:37PM

Posted by: badkid ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 06:23PM

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 06:39PM

I guess it's for people like them that GM vehicles turn their lights on automatically.

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 06:51PM

Agree with almost everything said, but what's wrong with backing into a parking space?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 07:44PM

people are all human and make mistakes. And don't follow all the rules, and can't be changed or controlled.

Most people didn't start their day out hoping to irritate you.

Date: December 15, 2010 11:33AM

Ain't that special. So, basically, you're judging me for being judgmental? I'm sure you don't even see the irony...

Posted by: BS ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 07:59PM

The truth of the matter is that we as a society are breeding ignorance and stupidity (I could start a whole other thread about that, but shall refrain). Every where you look stupidity rules. We allow people to feel that they are the only thing that matters in the world and that everyone should hand them whatever is needed to live or be or exist. The smart give up and the stupid breed faster.......

The headlights is just one great example that I agree completely with.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 14, 2010 08:10PM

I just typed up a woman who was in the ER today because she ran into a car without its headlights on when she was turning into her driveway.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 02:01AM

Stupidity seems to be exponentially expanding like the solar system. Its getting very painful living in this world if your IQ is above 100.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 02:09AM

That's a serious problem where I live.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 03:34AM

I have some good friends who were in an accident because of stupidity like that, but it was a stalled car where the person didn't turn on their hazard lights at night. I hate to think of it, but it sounds like "Idiocracy" might be a reality after all.

My friends made a complete recovery, and are doing just fine now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 03:35AM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 04:55AM

My headlights are weird. They come on automatically but are dim in that blue color unless I turn them to bright, I think. I haven't figured them out. I bet I've driven around with no headlights! I'm such a loser!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 04:56AM by suckafoo.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 09:48AM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 10:16AM

my Azera has a switch so my lights come on auto!! :)
also if you are on a two lane road/hwy... your lites should be on!! so the OTHER guy can see yas!! you think you got it bad?? what about here where people dont use turn signals.... even in heavy traffic..(cause if ya do...the other guy will speed up so you cant change lanes)....running of red lights.... no stops at the stop sign...no signal at a four way stop... i could go on and on!! if you drive in Miami.... make sure you look both ways before proceeding on a fresh green light....wait two seconds... the horns will blow...but you wont die!!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 12:00PM

It irritates the hell out of me as well...I worked in insurance claims for a little over a year and realized most accidents are caused by indifference to obeying traffic safety laws and lack of common courtesy.

I thought NM wouldn't be so bad since I live in a small city. Yeah, right.

I've almost been hit by unsecured objects (like ladders) from the backs of trucks, people turning left in front of me when I have the right of way, tailgating even when I'm going over the speed limit... Assholes, I tell ya'! They better hope they never hit my car or cause damage. They'll be peeing their pants when I'm done with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 12:09PM by itzpapalotl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.