Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 04:50AM

http://web.mac.com/usfreedom/LDS_Mormon_Lawsuit.com/Why_Get_Involved.html

this page makes some good points against this lds claim, e.g.:
"
The Mormon Church wants you to believe that you have a greater chance at keeping your family together if you are a Mormon. But the opposite is true. The Church uses their fancy and expensive Temples to divide families. Non-Mormons, no matter how righteous they may be, are not allowed to attend the wedding of a family member who has joined the Mormon Church. This divisive Mormon policy destroys the natural love between parents, children, brothers and sisters. It strikes at the heart of the basic family unit.

The United States government has, in effect, condoned this divisive religion practice by granting Mormon leaders civil powers to marry. Temple weddings combine civil marriage with discriminatory Mormon marriages. Endowed with civil powers from the State, the Church, not the bride and groom, then pick and choose whom they find “worthy” to attend the wedding.
By the way, Mormons don’t even allow children to attend their exclusive and secretive weddings! Yet Mormons still claim they are “Pro” family?
"

is there another way of saying "i testify also that" the lds church was splitting my family (without sounding churchy)? i remember my mother in law was sad that she couldnt attend her oldest daughters wedding in the temple bc she wasnt a member. my father also had to stand outside and wait while we were married. the church also creates unnecessary tension between parents and children demanding parents to get their kids to conform to church expectations, instead of simply accepting them for who they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.