Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: idahodreaming ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 09:38AM

last night as I was cleaning house - last chance before Christmas. It was about 6:00. Hubby was not at home so they would not come in so we talked on the porch. One kept talking about my dog and how much she reminded him of his dog at home. I told them I knew it was hard to be away from family right now. I told them one big problem I had was that their church wants family to support one another and be a daily part of your life, that is until you go on a mission and then they cut you off from the very people who loved you and supported you enough so that you were even able to go on a mission. They didn't have much response but I pointed through the door to the phone and said it was always available to them if they ever needed to call home. They both looked at each other, smiled and sorta giggled. I wished them a Merry Christmas and reminded them the phone was always available to them. One has five months left and one has a year left. Anyway, I was kind to them on a cold rainy evening and gave them the best Christmas present I could.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 09:39AM by idahodreaming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 10:11AM

this is a very good example that we exmormons can set for them. thank you for your kindness.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 11:28AM

I agree. Even as an active member, I saw it as a huge tragedy that missionaries were cut off so completely from their families. Family members were born, died, married, and they were stuck serving a mission. Great job!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.