Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olympia ( )
Date: December 25, 2010 12:35PM

Hi all,

I searched the forum for this but didn’t see a post about it, but last night at the Christmas Eve mass (I’m an Episcopal now) one of the priests told me about the mormon church inviting some gay activists as VIPs to the Mormon Christmas Concert at the Tabernacle. I looked up the article and here’s the link:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/EXCLUSIVE-LDS-Church-invites-gay-activists-and/Mg7j-3Gf_UGVLRKeKAEKkQ.cspx

I’m not sure if this is a sign of the church softening up to the GLBT community or not and trying to introduce by the hierarchy that they are slowly warming up, but from what the priest at my church said, she was talking to a neighbor who is mormon and this neighbor was REALLY uncomfortable about the church doing this. Has anyone heard similar stories, or other reactions to this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 25, 2010 01:53PM

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: December 25, 2010 02:05PM

It's always PR with LDS, Inc. This isn't warming up. They're just trying to show the world "See? We don't hate gay people! We even have gay friends!"

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: December 25, 2010 03:50PM

It's all about the cult's PR machine using anyone they can sucker into it to be a shill for them.

I think the sad thing is that many of these individuals feel that they can negotiate a peace with this homophobic cult. They don't understand that the implacable nature of institutionalized bigotry can only be crushed by beating it with a bigger stick than it can muster in its own behalf.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.