Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 01:40AM

Some years ago we bought one of those multi-level, carpet-covered climbing gizmos for our cats to play on - the ones that have little hidey-holes and platforms at various levels and can be several feet tall.

One of my cats in particular is very fond of this thing and can usually be found nesting someplace in it or on top of it.

The other day my BIC husband referred to "the cat's rameumptom." I dimly recalled that "rameumptom" is a BoM word but had no clue what it meant, so I had no idea what my husband was talking about. He had to explain that it meant "a high place."

Ever since then, I have been unable to resist referring to the feline climbing tower as "the cat's rameumptom."

How can anybody take this stuff seriously???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 02:06AM

As I recall, it was not just a high place, but having negative connotation about being better than others, looking down on others.... "publican" kind of stuff. A high pulpit to preach from, down to the crowd.

(Maybe that could apply to cats!)

That rameumptom thing, in addition to "the great and spacious building" that the BofM condemns, mormons do without making the connection. Oh, and let's not forget secret combinations!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 08:45AM

coudnt find in dictionary!! oh well.....

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 09:53AM

LOL That would be a good name for my cat's tower as well. I live in my parents' basement, with only one window for her to look out of - up at the ceiling.

So I built her a spiral staircase, which leads up to a big 4' long shelf under the window, where she can look outside, or look down on the dog. She's always runs up there whenever the doorbell rings. It's her feel-safe spot.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 12:43PM

My cat ignores the one I got for her. Much rather perch on top of the book case and look down at her subjects (the people in the family.)

BTW - neighbors think we are satanists because we have a black cat!

Posted by: Flecher ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 01:07PM

Smith loved the letter m.

Posted by: mo2atheist ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 01:39PM

That's what I call the condominiums at the City Creek project.

Only the rich can afford to go there and yell Holy! Holy! from their highrise apartment.

It also blocks the view of temple square so the poorer people can't see their idols.

Still, I like the cat thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.