Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:28PM

Well, I don't know if this girl is TBM still, & I know that she's lived quite a few places in the past couple of years. But her parents are still in my mom's ward & are still TBM. I still look the same as I ever did, but this girl acted like a stranger when I opened the door, & I didn't recognize her at all, because I haven't seen her in several years, until she said who she was. Now the nevermos I know don't act like this, it was so weird. I've known her since she was like 4/5 years old, but she probably doesn't even remember me because I haven't been to church in like 10 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:34PM

It took me a minute to recognize who I was talking to because I hadn't seen him in years and a while after the conversation to remember his name. It was really uncomfortable!

(You don't need to apologize for posting, by the way. :-))

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 06:20PM

block out everyone not related to what is two inches from their nose?

Yep, they do tend to be short sighted and self absorbed, no time to remember what doesn't help them in their TBMness.

No need to apologize for posting. I certainly don't, and I hope Susan or Eric would let me know if that's a problem.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 12:40AM

I ran into a guy at the liquor store who called me by name and wanted to know what I'd been up to etc. After he left I had to ask the owner who the guy was. Turned out he was a distant cousin I hadn't seen since high school.

Apparently he's changed a lot and I haven't changed at all despite the beard. I'm embarrassed that I didn't recognize him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.