Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 10:39AM

The previously thread rightly disappeared, but I still want to answer what you said.

experienceheals Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why should you take personally what I have
> chosen to do to Timothy

Begging the question. I'm taking it personally? No, I'm calling you out.

> You're allowing someone else like him to do the
> thinking and decision making for you

Mind reading. This has nothing to with Timothy. I'm talking about you.

> If anyone has not seen it yet, as I have from the
> very start, Tim has a good talk or two to get
> others to follow his lead and think and act like
> him, because he's good at manipulating the system

"Manipulating the system"? What are you talking about? This is a message board run by an engineer at a paper mill in his spare time and moderated by a housewife. The system? I think you need to let go of some disastrously wrong assumptions, rethink your preconceived notions, stop putting words in people's mouths, and stop asking sneaky questions that are actually statements intended to piss people off. When you can do that, I might start taking you seriously.

Later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 10:53AM

what ever mr. sensitive. All your assumptions about why I start certain topics aren't true. I've made those statements about Timothy because he does do his best to manipulate the board and try to get others on his side while he does in fact instigate a lot of things just to piss people off. If you want to look at the culprit, you're looking at the wrong guy.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 10:59AM

Please allow me to beg your pardon.

It was never my intention to slight your goofy opinions in any way.

Love,

Timmy

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 10:56AM

Timothy my buttocks! That's my job and I'm good at it. Susan edits more of my posts than anyone here. :)

Just sayin'...

Ron

Date: January 12, 2011 11:03AM

You're up against the second-string and still gettin' your a** whooped.

Ron just has me do his light work.

Timothy

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 10:56AM

experienceheals, you wrote in the previous thread (http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,78589,78615#msg-78615 ):

"I just want to really know what makes different people think and act in certain manners, because I find it educational and interesting."

To which, I call bullpucky. You're not looking for an explanation. Explanations have been given to you, but you just continue thinking, "Something must be really wrong with those atheists. How do I know? They don't agree with me. And they tell jokes that illustrate why they don't agree with me. Jokes are okay unless they are aimed at my deeply held and sincere religion."

experienceheals, you go on to say:

"I just would like to know what really is going on deep down in these walls people have built up around them. I see an awful lot of thick walls built up around some people around here and the only way to get some people talking, is to pry a little. That's the only way anyone can learn and grow. No one can ever learn when they're angry and pent up. know what I'm saying?"

Why, yes, I do know what you're saying. You are mistaking clear thinking, integrity, and the ability to distinguish between "except" and "accept" for "thick walls." You say you want to understand and then you proceed directly, without hesitation, to an inaccurate and derogatory characterization of anyone on this board who is not religious. Do you know how insulting that is?

Yet, the atheists take the insults and turn them into jokes. They're not hiding anything, and they don't live behind walls as far as I can tell. Hell, they let you in.

You think it is your duty and your right to "pry a little," but you don't listen to the replies. You just object to the replies.

You lecture others about being "angry and pent up" when they obviously are loose and happy, and loving the game of life. (Okay, and maybe loving beer and the occasional spanking as well.) When anyone disagrees with you, you don't address the actual subject of disagreement, you just accuse them of being angry instead. Or you accuse them of hiding behind walls.

You are getting nowhere with this because your stated intention of learning something is a false front.

Oh, BTW, you might want to hang onto your confusion over "except" and "accept." That way, you can finally "accept atheists."

P.S. Timothy doesn't know me from Adam, and has no puppet strings with which to direct what I write. Timothy is not manipulating the system (what f**king system?), nor me.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:01AM

Oh wait! ... You can't see my eyes!

Timothy

Date: January 12, 2011 11:07AM

That's okay, Timothy. I was already blind with love.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:09AM

Date: January 12, 2011 11:10AM

Luckily, there is no need to see experienceheals. He/She is transparent.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:38AM

experienceheals wrote:
"Nobody has to accept anyone. What makes you think I would accept an atheistic view or anyone who chooses to think in those terms?"

Oh, ho! A combo of misunderstanding and accidental truth. A twofer. First, nobody expects you to accept an atheistic view, and nobody asked you to do so. I believe the exact request, riffing on your poor spelling skills, was that you "accept atheists." You know, accept them as your fellow mortals, or as people who hold their views as sincerely as you hold yours.

So,yeah, that kind of "accept." And yes, I did think you might step up to the plate for that. That would have been the Christian thing to do. But I was wrong. Because in the second part of your twofer, you say that you will not accept anyone who chooses to think in those terms. Wow. Okay. I feel so rejected. But vindicated! You finally told the truth about your intentions. Reject us all! To hell with understanding and learning!

experienceheals goes on to say, "I do know in fact that when people are angry at something for what ever reason they are complaining about, it usually goes much deeper than anger, which is.....???? come on, I know you're thinking it, but don't really want to say it, because it's too humiliating to admit we humans have feelings."

Sigh. Again with this sh*t about atheists rejecting emotion or feelings as legitimate and as an integral part of the human experience? Balderdash! Balderdash, I say! [waving of arms, redness of face, heaving bosom ... and other signs of emotion] Even scientific experiments (neurological) show that the human mind is an integrated system that depends on a lot of factors, including emotion or feelings, when making decisions, and when having what are called "Eureka Moments."

experienceheals goes on to preach, "Yes, it more often than not is because our feelings get/got hurt at one point or another in our lives..."

Aiyiyiyiyiy, that hurts. Such a mormony response! I got my widdle feelings hurt, so now my brain doesn't work properly? Come on. And this non-explanation is supposed to neatly dispose of any objections I might have to your posts?

In case it makes any difference when it comes to breaching experienceheal's carapace of ignorance, I am not male. I am so female that you can even tell my gender at a glance. So this "attack," as EH would call it, does not stem from a macho response, such as hiding hurt feelings with a display of logic. [made myself laugh!]

Date: January 12, 2011 11:53AM

So, my reply to experienceheal's blather about never accepting anyone who chooses to think like an atheist, appears to have been posted *before* he/she/it ever decided to write such a revealing few paragraphs.

This must mean that I am magical. Or a time traveler. Or a very emotional and intuitive woman. Perhaps even psychic.

Or I need another cup of coffee so that I can understand the system that allows me to choose a post to which I wish to reply.

(On the bright side, I now realize that there is a "system," and that maybe Timothy is manipulating it to make me look stupid.)

Date: January 12, 2011 11:55AM

Date: January 12, 2011 12:03PM

Indeed, there is a secret "system" and I am, in fact, in charge of its "Covert Manipulation and Persuasion" department.

Bet you feel really stupid now!

No hard feelings, eh? ... After all, its just my job!

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:27PM by Timothy.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:05PM

Timothy is our secret general. He marshalls his forces of atheism and unleashes us against pure-hearted Christians who only come to RfM to ask innocent questions.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:28PM

because Timothy (a.k.a. "The Crusher") is merciless. He finds humor where others fear to tread. To him, life is too important to be taken seriously. (Shameless ripping off of Oscar Wilde.)

If we atheists were in any way prone to worshipping, we would worship Timothy. And we would do his bidding.

However, most of us can't even stand up straight for laughing, so we do not a good horde of minions make.

As an aside, I love the fake innocence of experienceheals types in the morning. It's so cute, so shiny, and so crushable. They just want to understand, to learn, and to heal our angry wounds ... before they let the disgust show and assure us that they would never accept anyone who chooses to think like *that*. (It's not like reality had anything to do with what or how we think. No, we just choose to be belligerent assholes in order to make baby gods cry the world over. I know I do.)

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 12:30PM

Date: January 12, 2011 11:10AM

Date: January 12, 2011 11:15AM

I'd be real disappointed in this place if that were the case.

How insulting to the bright spirits who frequent this establishment.

Timothy

Date: January 12, 2011 11:20AM

Not to discredit your powers of persuasion in any way, Tim, but it's the interesting skeptical discussions that keep me reading RfM.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 11:12AM

Nobody has to accept anyone. What makes you think I would accept an atheistic view or anyone who chooses to think in those terms? I do know in fact that when people are angry at something for what ever reason they are complaining about, it usually goes much deeper than anger, which is.....???? come on, I know you're thinking it, but don't really want to say it, because it's too humiliating to admit we humans have feelings.

Yes, it more often than not is because our feelings get/got hurt at one point or another in our lives, so we feel we have to say or do something to justify the mistakes we made or something someone else made in order to make us feel a confirmation that it was ok to have those feelings. But instead of coming right out and showing how upset and angry we are, mostly men do this more than women, they won't show their true feelings and they will go in defense mode and attack first, or try to come up with some logical reason for their feelings and behaviors. they're too afraid to show they're true feelings because they don't want them to get stomped on anymore. It's true.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:18AM

Project much?

Please try not to superimpose your failures on others. Its quite rude to suggest that everyone lacks self confidence and esteem because you do.

Timothy

Posted by: Rosyjenn ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 11:19AM

You are being ridiculous. You assume atheists are angry. Couldn't possibly be we used our brains and saw religious bull (or magical thinking) for what it is.

You are still making sweeping generalizations and accusations.

Don't preach. That is exactly what you are doing. Get over it, dude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 11:20AM by rosyjenn.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:13AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 11:14AM by Timothy.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 11:19AM

At least we can thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that YBU's Spring semester will start soon, and individuals like "experienceheals" will soon go back to writing compositions with titles like "How Joe Smith's First Vision Will Change The World By 2012" in their retarded religulous classes.

Posted by: inexperienceamuses ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 11:47AM

People will post whatever they like.
Others will read and respond however they like, and that may create alliances and it may create enemies. The thing about a chatboard such as this is that people (as you've come to appreciate) can post and say anything they like in complete anonymity. This means that we may pass each other on the street, exchange passerby pleasantries and have no idea how much we just got done fighting with each other.

Unlike interpersonal relationships where you need to see the person and respond to the person because they are in front of you, on this forum both you and I are simply words on a page to be read or ignored. For instance, this is the first time I have ever replied to one of your posts, but because I am a regular poster who would rather not deal with you in a future conversations, chose not to use my regular username.

Whether people like Timothy more than you and agree with you more often than they do him, is entirely up to the words they read on their monitors.

But remember- just because we are anonymously posting in the privacy of our homes or work cubicle, does not mean that we are not real people.

And if you want to be liked, don't start silly fights.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.