Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:06PM

Why was my response been erased in the earlier thread? I didn't call anyone names or talked politics! Admin, what is going on? Anyhow since experienceheals quoted it all there's no loss.

Just want to add that the question was a bit curious, it's not a question of either-or, there's a continuum from the extremes of the bible being totally wrong to the other extreme of it being totally true. Now the latter extreme can with ease be proven wrong since the bible does indeed contradict itself while truth doesn't. One need only find one simple contradiction and the biblical inerrancy is screwed.

This however doesn't mean that the other extreme is true. To prove it all false however, would require a lifetime of research, and furthermore it obviously isn't all false, the biblical writers had to get something right. When I say that the bible obviously isn't true I don't mean that every word in it is false, what I mean is that the book has been elevated into a status that clearly it doesn't deserve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.