Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 11:52AM

I got the Dodge letter with "An Invitation" enclosed.

Dodge stated that this is an ecclesiastical matter and that it will need to be handled by the bishop and stake prez.

I almost want to email back and say "No, this is a legal matter. Remove my name from the organization immediately."

Would that work? Or do I have to really deal with my punk-ass bastard bishop? (the man who caused my divorce in one single meeting)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luvsclassiccars ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 12:44PM

Got the same letter from Dodge last November...I then received a letter to sign from the bishop in the ward (stating the same issues..blah ,blah,blah)....I signed it and mailed it back in a self-addressed stamped envelope (which was enclosed).....it was painless...no personal contact...I did not have any personal contact with anyone while going through my resignation process....received my official notice of name removal in December.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:52PM

If you really don't want to jump through thier hoops (who would) your legal threat should do the trick. If you feel like spending some money you could even hire an attorney to make the threat for you for a pretty reasonable fee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.