Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 03:13PM

I was wondering, what does TSSC do with missionaries form wealthy or famous families? It seems to me if you send them out in many places, you run the risk of them being kidnapped / held for ransom.
I know one guy who has been waiting for his “mission call” for almost a year now. Several times he has been informed it’s coming “this week” but weeks go by with no word. His brother and sister are very successful and noted in their fields, I was wondering if that would be part of the delay.

Myself, I’d be ripping pissed at having delayed taking classes. It’s not like he could be in anyway found unfit to go. This kid still wants to go on his mission though…

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 03:34PM

I knew a kid on the mission who had been told that the stake that his papers were sent and to expect a call anytime. Every month or so he went back and asked what the hold up was. Everytime he was tolds that they had no idea and to be patient. Aftet a little over 6mos the stake pres contacted him to apologize, because he had fond the kids papers hidden under a bunch of stuff on his desk. The kid had his call in a matter of weeks after that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.