Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:15PM

Can't just say it out.

Do guys quote the chapter and verse which refers to "I will go down" and she knows what he means? Or say things like "down there" or ??

I know I sometimes ask ridiculous questions and replies say, "Of course not."

But how are we nevermos supposed to know unless we ask?

When you are dealing with an organization which believes in upside-down wooden submarines, Moon Quakers, Three Nephites, Kolob, etc. no question should be too silly, right?

Pay Lay Alol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 07:17PM by Jerry the Aspousetate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:16PM

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:19PM

do you want to have morality tonight?

Posted by: a ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 05:40PM

HAHAHAHA!

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:25PM

I'm guessing you were never mormon...

"Physical Intimacy" is the term used at church.
In private mormons are more relaxed and dare I say "normal" (if a bit clinical) when refering to sexual acts and body parts. Of course this is in the under 35 crowd... the older generations may be more uptight.

There will always be some truely strange folks, but that occurs both in and out of mormonism.

Posted by: tekturtle ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 11:48PM

I’ve never heard “Morality” used as a word in place of sex, and I’ve only heard spelling out hell like that done by children or as an obvious joke.

Publicly, Mormons are typically going to be discrete about discussing sex and other “physical intimacy” topics because, well, that’s just what most Mormons do. I would guess that some people probably carry that into private as well, but I doubt most would. As a life-long Mormon, I have heard some funny euphemisms for sex and other publicly-taboo topics, but they were usually done for a laugh, not as a “code” word. I can’t honestly say that most of the odd ones were even from other Mormons.

I heard a talk by someone a while ago who mentioned that couples need to communicate, and that physical intimacy was one of the highest forms of communication they could have. Ever since, my wife and I have used “talk” as our own euphemism for sex (“want to have a talk tonight?”). Our inside joke increased when one of her RS lessons talked about communication and they sent everyone home with a laminated card that said “we need to talk”, intending that you would put it someplace like on your husband’s desk or nightstand when you were feeling distant. For us, it became a fun way to tell each other we were horny that day (hiding the note in drawers, taping it to mirrors or doors, putting it up on the fridge...).

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:15PM

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:40PM

got into using "foofoo" for private parts. One time a kindergarten teacher was talking about kids singing "Little Bunny Foofoo" and could not figure out why mom and dad were rolling around on the floor laughing.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 04:52PM

We've been married for more than 20 years and she still can't ask for specific sexual acts. She can't even hint about them verbally. It's all done with goofy looks and silly games and code words. I hate it.

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 05:02PM

Just yesterday I observed a conversation about sex. Every.single.Mo referred to it as "you know". These are all adults too.

Posted by: lump ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 05:03PM

...where the presentor suggested that rather than call it love making or having sex, that the correct perspective is to call it "making babies". GAG!!!!

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 05:06PM

Not on my honeymoon. XD

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 05:09PM

Sometimes I refer to it in more vulgar terms on purpose as a protest against the taboo nature of direct discussion.

Where some would say as a bit of a ribbing, "You need to get laid", which is very blunt for mormons, I just say, "You need to get that "kitty"(banned word) out and do something with it."

I'm a one man wrecking crew trying to make it not so taboo to talk about.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 07:10PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 07:24PM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 07:25PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.