Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:26PM

Board was closed, and decided to update on my health if anybody was interesting. I told my dad from what I've researched it could take 24 hours to crash, and he was the first one to bring up that I didn't have to go to seminary. So, I was watching T.V and suddenly felt tired(finally) around 3 A.M. I GLADLY go to sleep. I woke up at noon. And I am happy and functional with my uninterrupted nine hours of sleep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:29PM

Excellent! I quit caffeine a few days before Christmas. I don't miss it.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:32PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. Be extremely careful. I hope that your dad feels bad enough about this that he will back off a little. Do not let him manipulate you with how you hurt his feelings and crap. He is a grown man, and you are not responsible for his feelings. Take care. :)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:43PM

I had a nasty run in with too much caffeine in medication many years ago so I can empathize! I have learned to be very careful with caffeine. Don't want to do that again! NOPE!
I found I can tolerate a small amount of caffeine: one mug of coffee with cream and watered down is it!

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:52PM

I may take a nap. Because I'm still a *bit* sleepy. And sleep is good. Sweet dreams.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 06:06PM

I'm over the anxiety, but I still only drink de-caf.

Giving up sugar last summer made more of a difference than giving up caffeine. It was far more difficult to give up sugar than to give up caffiene.

I was a sugar addict, and needed sugar fixes to keep up the hectic pace, to keep my brain alert. Without sugar, I have even more energy, throughout the day, and none of those annoying "crashes" between sugar hits. The insomnia disappeared. Also, sugar stimulated my appetite, and made me feel weak and shaky if I didn't eat every few hours. Now, I'll forget to eat all day, if I'm busy. I've lost 15 pounds, without even being aware of it. One day, I noticed my clothes were baggy.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 09:33AM

that sugar acts as a sedative, despite the longstanding myth that it is a stimulant or causes hyperactivity. It should have little to no effect on sleep patterns.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 06:18PM

Thanks for the update, have been wondering how you were. :)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 09:38AM

Glad you are OK.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 10:21AM

I accidently bought Anacin aspirins with caffeine in them once. They made me feel really sick and gave me a bad headache.

I'm addicted to chocolate, and have been spending years trying to give it up. Too much of it will make me sick.

But if I drink something which is really high in caffeine, I'll pay for it, so I just stay away from that stuff. I don't like the taste anyway, so that's not a loss for me.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.