Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: balaamsass ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:42PM

Been reading about Blacks getting the preisthood. Ok, no longer inferior, cursed etc...Now its gays that are the inferiors I suppose. Do mosr Mormons need some kind of official under-group and if so who is next after Gays

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:44PM

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:48PM

Date: January 19, 2011 07:49PM

Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:46PM

It is not the group that is inferior, it is the behavior. To honest with you, I have no problem if someone is gay. I do have a problem when they keep trying to shove the agenda down my throat like you are donig here. You do not gain rapport for your communitie nor the public at large.

You want acceptance. What you are doing is going to get you the opposite.

But do what you want.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:58PM

The behavior that is inferior? You can't be serious.

Darn that gay agenda. Can you believe those gays want equal rights and to be treated like human beings? How DARE they!

I seriously have zero tolerance for ignorant asshats such as yourself edmarc. Geebus!

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:59PM

There comes a point where you get tired of going to the back of the bus and then giving up your seat. Because someone is supposedly "better" than you. Because you should be nice about it by building rapport with the people who are oppressing you.

How very, very inconvenient for Edmark.

Posted by: NerdLinger ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:05PM

I know! That damn black agenda. Slavery and years of discrimination. If only they hadn't shoved an equality agenda down our throats, blacks would still be where they belong.

To the OP: women, as has been stated. I wouldn't put it past the Morg to invent something about disabilities, though.

Posted by: balaamsass ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:48PM

Posted by: student ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:57PM

Just as the gay rights movement followed the civil rights movement, the transgendered equlity movement will be next. There are fewer of them so it's tough to gain political power.

At the moment in the CHI it's impossible for them to even get baptized. That will certainly change with the progress of the times. (oops I mean modern day revelation!)

Date: January 19, 2011 07:58PM

50% of the f'n population

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:28PM

hmmm. There would seem to be at least one problem with TSCC's position on this.

The CHI states that trans-gendered individuals are to be denied baptism? I have to wonder, does this only apply to those trans-gendered folks who chose as adults to do this, or does this policy also include those who were born intersex, and have had the trans-gender decision made for them by others?

And on another topic, is it then true that murderers can be baptized if they repent, but trans-gendered souls cannot be? That would seem to mean that trans-gender is a sin worse than murder, or sumpin.

Student, can you provide a link to the CHI policy on trans-gender baptism?

Date: January 19, 2011 08:01PM

To all homosexuals, transgender, bi-sexual, and pedophiles

and any other sexual deviant seeking gay rights

Don't get the civil rights fight twisted with the gay agenda, they are not the same fight.

Why do you think the civil rights movement of the 60's has anything to do with your struggle for normalcy?

The two fights are not the same.

Do not confuse your fight for sexual perversion with the struggle for equality fought for by our forefathers.

You make a mockery of everything WE fought for

Your preference for sexual deviance never warranted attack by dogs and firehoses

You were never forced from lunch counters....

nor have you been relegated to the back of the bus.

You were never kept from voting...

You never had the FBI try to destroy your commununity

There were never any "Straight only" signs

and you were never lynched because of your skin color.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME FIGHT!

"Gay rights are civil rights?"

No, they are not!!!!

If you don't believe in God and the Bible, then don't quote it!

Don't say, "God is Love" Don't say, "Jesus loves everyone" and don't say "When I get to heaven.."

Cause you ain't going because if you don't believe in God, or his word, The Holy Bible...

Then you are an Atheist who is someone who denies the existance of God.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:08PM

FUCK. YOU.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:09PM

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:13PM

Date: January 19, 2011 08:15PM

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:24PM

Holy Crapola. This guy is psycho. I've never heard such self rightesnous and know it all attitude from anyone. Why in the world does he even come on this sight?

edmarc you are wacko.

Date: January 19, 2011 08:26PM

He's a moron who can't get along with anyone so he gets his jollies by annoying people and telling himself how no one can ignore him. Ignore him and he'll fade away like a witch in water. ;)

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:10PM

Civil, you know, as in for all citizens.

I'm done edmarc. Gloves are off.

Date: January 19, 2011 08:18PM

I do believe threatening is illegal here.

Date: January 19, 2011 08:22PM

Date: January 19, 2011 08:11PM

This isn't even worth a response other than to say you had better go check your history books. Bigots like you are the reason gays have to fight to be treated like human beings. That's all they want. And it's what they deserve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 08:12PM by NerdLinger.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:24PM

Two words: Matthew Shepard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

Two more words: Harvey Milk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk

And BTW, Jesus DID love everyone. He consorted with people that were otherwise shunned. Knowing that Samaritans were widely loathed, he told the parable of "The Good Samaritan." How do you like that? Someone earning Jesus's praise whom others would feel free to judge and avoid. Jesus promised the criminal dying next to him that he would walk with Jesus that very day in paradise.

The only people that Jesus had little patience for were those who were self important...those people who felt that by following all the rules, they were superior...that they deserved paradise and the "inferior" people did not. The Pharisees.

Has it ever once occurred to you that Jesus himself might have been gay?

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:29PM

You could probably give him 100 stories about gays that have taken their own lives,or ones that have been killed because of their sexual preference. He doesn't care. I'm sure he thinks they deserved to die.

Date: January 19, 2011 08:27PM

edmarc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lengthy Lameness...

Lookit, edmarc. Civil right and equality are the principles this country was founded upon. It's only been in the last 50 years that we've made a conscious decision to live up to it.

Civil rights is not about who's past is the most egregious. It is about leveling the playing field for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens.

Your prejudice is pathetic.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:16PM

the way fundamentalists hate Mormons now.

There are always immigrants.

(Do you guys know that if you don't respond, he can't play? He is clearly narcissistic.)

Date: January 19, 2011 08:23PM

Date: January 19, 2011 08:39PM

Not sure that TSCC would turn its back on immigrants. They're the fastest growing group of people in America. They come to the U.S. poor and usually Catholic. It makes for easy picking.

As a mishie in SoCal, I learned quick that the real challenge isn't getting immigrants to listen, it's getting to them before the 7-Dayers and the J-Dubs do.

Looking back, it makes my skin crawl. I'm not anti-immigrant at all. I say open the border up for anyone who can hobble across. But I have huge problems with the fact that I helped TSCC convince a few struggling immigrants to give 10% of their tiny paychecks to the Morg.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.