Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 09:54AM

Is there any part of tithing state to mark that the local ward get more money from?
Or does it all go to Salt Lake and is doled out again in pitiful amounts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 10:01AM

Jack shit to nothing. At least percentage wise.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 10:07AM

However, the donation slip also allows donations to go to the local ward. This is not considered tithing by the church.

And yes, a pitiful amount is doled back to the stake and then ward.

While serving as a financial clerk my ward would bring in about $300,000 per year. The ward typically got $1500 to $2500 from the stake for the annual budget.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 03:32PM

Posted by: 87vetteguy ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 10:35AM

Dances.. are you kidding me? A budget of 1500 to 2500 for a ward of what 250 so actives? That is really sad. It really is.

I am on the Executive Board of a local corvette club. We generally have double that for a club of 66 members. AND the financial and minutes of meetings are published. Every meeting is open to any member.

A far cry from the secrecy of the church.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 10:54PM

One of the problems was poor mismanagement of money within both my old ward and stake. Most auxiliaries did not get money (Relief Society, Elders, Young Women). To compound problems our bishop was obsessed with scouts and that is where the majority of our ward funds went.

Needless to say, being in the bishoprick opened my eyes to the reality of how the church was run on the local level. (Although it took a few more years for me to realize the totality of the problems/lies of the church).

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 11:55AM

Posted by: mormon411 ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 01:35PM

I was a financial clerk and we would go to the bank each Sunday with anywhere between $3K and $20K. Average was probably around $10K. Considering the skimpy annual ward budget, each ward is probably 99% prophet for TSCC.

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 02:39PM

Most of the tithes go into the pet projects of the old geezers in Salt Lake.
Their attitude is that its no one's business where the money goes.

TBMs are nuts to allow this state of affairs to persist.

People need to vote with their wallets and stop giving their hard-earned money to the morg.

Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 03:15PM

When I served as a Ward Clerk in my Ward I had to help with counting tithing after church and then going to the bank with the deposit. Our leanest weeks were in August when people were sending kids to college or buying school supplies/clothes and in late March. Our best weeks were the first two in January and the 3rd week in December. Our average weekly deposit was around $12,000 with the biggest one I ever processed at $245,000 (we had a guy who owned a large business pay his past-due tithing that week in order to attend his daughter's wedding in the temple).

We usually received between $3,000-$7,500 a year back from the church depending on attendance and how they allotted the funds that particular year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.