Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ina ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 03:29AM

This is what I thought about after watching:

Consider this: The LDS church prohibits masturbation, which creates sexual frustration. They then encourage their return missionaries age 20-22 to get married as soon as possible and sex and even touching is a sin. The young women of the same age are told to find themselves a RM at the same age and marry as soon as possible. Therefore, these young mormons find someone they are sexually attracted to and get married as soon as they can so they can have sex.

On the other hand, homosexuals date normally, they do not have the same guilt trip about sex and are free to experiment. When they do decide to marry it is because they have found someone to LOVE.

So, who's wrong? The LDS church is getting people to marry for sex. Gays allow themselves time to mature and marry for love.

I think the TSCC is promoting the very thing they say is immoral. So sorry, "president" Monson, but you are the one talking about sex, and gay couples are the ones that recognize LOVE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mr levite ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 04:26AM

absolutely right about that mate. I did exactly that
and gave up my childhood non lds sweetheart for stinking
LDS. Tho no offence to the beautifal lds woman she was
She loved the bishop more than she loved me, when he split
us up. The church wouldnt even allow me to make right my
situation as it was all messed up from beginning.
When one gives up on LOVE for another to marry LDS and
try for love, it is a wrong move and we pay for it..
We should marry who we desire void of LDS FAITH tho at least
believe in the same god...

But screw organized mind controlling interfering relegions.
LEVITE.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 09:53AM

I'm always the first to stand up and say "knock it off" when somebody talks bad about my gay friends, and I'm one of the most ardent supporters of gay rights, but what you're saying is just not ringing true, at least to me.

Are you saying that gays only make good choices in relationships? This is simply not true among my gay friends. Our gay friend traded in his car, sold his condo, and got all new furniture because they reminded him of his ex.

And do gays have no guilt associated with sex because they are free to have premarital sex? Frankly, most gay men I know have said they agonized over their first few sexual experiences because they weren't sure they were gay. But they ended up in bed with a guy they were attracted to, and it really tipped them over. They did not know how to process the whole thing.

To be fair, most women I know that I can talk frankly with had a less then memorable first time, too. And there are a lot of guys who are very bad in bed, so the first few years of being sexually active for young women turn out to be rather frustrating. That is, until they find the guy who can ring their bell, and everything is wonderful. If you find him early on, more power to you.

Also, are you saying that gays have no sense of guilt about sex? Are you talking about Mormon gays or just gays in general? The gays (or ex-Mormon gays) that I know have plenty of guilt about sex.

As far as marrying for love, I think you're really describing people who marry later in life. You really know what you want as you get older. If I were out on the dating scene again, Gawd forbid, I would have a terrible time. So many women complain about men not having it together, but a lot of women do not, either. At least until after a few major relationships and some years of experience.

So are you thinking of non-Mormons perhaps? Not just gays but heteros. They get to date and have sex, without the rush to marry. And if they do decide to marry, they can marry for love.

Just one man's opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 09:56AM by T-Bone.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:04AM

When you are talking about heteros, you speak of heteros within TSCC, but when you talk about homosexuals, you speak of homosexual behavior outside TSCC.

TSCC says that homosexuals can be in TSCC so long as they do not act (date or have sex) upon their homosexual impulses, a much bigger guilt trip for homosexuals.

Heteros outside TSCC are as free as homosexuals out side TSCC to experiment and date normally.

I don't see how your comparing hetros inside TSCC to homosexuals outside tscc is a valid comparison

I agree with your conclusions, just not how you got there.

Posted by: Archie de Bunker ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:26AM

What gay people are fighting for is equality in the recognition of their relationships—good, bad, or otherwise. To allow any less is to dehumanize them. They seek the privilege of not having their sex lives and relationships be publicly analyzed under a microscope and judged unfairly and harshly, since the facts stands that nobody else's is going to be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.