Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 09:31AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:24AM

Not a corporation? It was when I worked for the Church that I finally realized that's exactly what it was.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:26AM

Yes, his statement that it's not a large corporation is one of the most disigenuous statements since last general conference.

Here's a decoder ring to understand what he is really talking about

Keys of the kingdom = membership on the board of trustees
Testimony of the reality of Jesus = Reality of profit behind the jesus-thing
Gospel/Teachings/Plan of salvation = plan to make more money through guilting
Atonement = main guilt product
Talks in conference = motivational speeches for the MLM
The Savior = the strawman in front of the men behind the curtain (The great Oz)
We're common men = Don't take a close look at our resume

Think about his emphasis on individuals. If there is an investor with doubt, and he can keep that investor in, that could add up to $10k at least in just a few more years of tithing. Is his time worth it? Absolutely. It's a high consulting rate that pays off in thousands per hour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 10:28AM by Jesus Smith.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:29AM

How can they focus on individuals when they don't even allow individuals (members) to send them mail?

Date: January 23, 2011 10:37AM

I remember even the official name had something to do with the Corporation of the Bishopric, or something like that.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:17AM

And it's subsidiary, the Corporation of the presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:41AM

TSCC trains Mormons in the practice/mentality of MLM marketing, which is why Utah is the center of the universe for scams.

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:28AM

And I really like the "Decoder Ring". Ha! Love it!! If only the TBMs could use such a Decoder Ring as a bullshit detection device the Morg would evaporate in no time. Unfortunately, we all know that won't happen.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:31AM

Unless it's been changed, paychecks say something like: Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric. I can't recall the exact wording. Maybe someone else does.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:53AM

The complete quote:

“One of the things I personally do is when I meet with a gathering of saints, I'll often invite them to ask questions” Bednar says at 2:10.

One of my long list of objections to the church is the absolute refusal of the church to acknowledge, much less address, members’ genuine concerns and questions.

Date: January 23, 2011 11:54AM

My cheques went straight into my bank account, but I do remember receiving mail from Salt Lake with the Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric on it.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:06PM

A search specific to the lds.org site for the following string:

"Corporation of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

returns "about 2,950 results"--

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=%22Corporation+of+the+President+of+The+Church+of+Jesus+Christ+of+Latter-day+Saints%22+site:lds.org&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=8ce0e008a607e93d

So who do YOU think is telling the truth? ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 12:07PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:47PM

Bednar is the only GA whom I know personally. I once had the "privilege" of eating lunch with him. There were about 12 other people present including some member of the 70.

We were instructed to ask him faith promoting questions. Most were things like, "how can a better prepare for a mission" or, "how can I convert my non-member family" and other stupid questions.

One guy said, "this is the only chance I'll ever get to ask this so here goes...what is your favorite joke?"

Bednar looked like he was going to shit a brick, and no he did not respond. I wonder if the guy ever was disciplined, erm I mean loved for that remark.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:20PM

Telling a joke would be a violation of his temple covenants-no lightmindedness or loud laughter, remember?

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 10:02AM

This is so wrong on so many levels. It sickens me. Ask him only what he wants to hear or only what he has answers for?

Gawd its so twisted.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:50PM

...the caller ID shows "The Corporation..." That's good enough for me.

Posted by: chainsofmind ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:30PM

So check out this blog article. Definitely sheds some light on the history of the mormon corporation.

http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-corporatism-has-undermined-and.html

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:47PM

Because it is, and because we say so, and he and the other "not board members" have realized it makes a dent.

If it was really about doing stuff that Jesus and his crew did, there would be no reason to insert this unrelated idea about a corporation. But instead of noticing that it's unrelated, the brainwashed people go, "Well, duh, Jesus didn't have a corporation." And Bednar knows that.

I stopped it after he said it had to be the Lord's work because it couldn't have been accomplished through uneducated fishermen, and somehow--because lawyers and professors and businessmen are doing it today--that means it's still the Lord's work.

Why people don't see what calculating liars these guys are is a mystery to me.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 10:18AM

Corporation of the President of the cojcolds is printed on the manuals.

Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric is who you write your checks to.

This is also stated ion the privacy policy stated at the bottom of their website, and on the terms of use when you sign up to build an online account.

Also Mr.Bednar, pickles are made that way by soaking cucumbers in a solution that will make you sick. This soaking solution also kills the seeds so that they cannot bear good fruit even if planted in firtile soil.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:00PM

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:12PM

Bednar and his nazi tbm wife seem to be the reincarnation of Goebbels and his wife Magda.

Apparently, Bednar regularly comes to believe his own dis-information that he so regularly disseminates among the people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.