Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:06AM

I'm wondering if maybe my tune that has changed little by little over time that has caused less friction between me and other members, good and not so good, depending on your taste in personality?

Or has this board become more relaxed while most people are giving Christians their space and room to breath, atheists their space and room to breath and active mormons their space and room to breath? While the in betweener agnostics kinda just chillaxin most the time anyway.

I just haven't noticed a whole lot of friction between anyone on any of the topics the past few days. Has their been some huge interventions/agreements? Or is everyone just taking a break for a while, chilling out and being cool with one another and showing more respect what each other believes?

I'm confused now, what happened to all the animosity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 03:15AM by experienceheals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:15AM

It is the way this place should be. We come here because we can not find support anywhere else. Screw politics or anything else. We are all ex mormons here. love and support one another...leave everything else at the door.

(ps. I am drunk....hopefully this makes sense)

Date: January 24, 2011 03:20AM

no, it does make sense, but almost seems it rarely happens. either that just the few left that have chosen to still toy around with me, I guess either got bored, or have chosen to steer clear for a while because of how pissed they saw I can get when I've been pestered and aggravated for too long.

Anyhow, it's been a nice change for a couple days. very pleasant, not as much excitement though. lol! maybe I should knock on wood for extra measures now. crosses fingers it'll continue to be pleasant for a while.

All depends on my attitude and approach I guess most would say, and I'd have to agree with them.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:43AM

Sometimes it's personable and laid back while at other times it's angry and confrontational. I personally HATE confrontation so I almost never post anything that I think could possibly engender an angry response (exceptions would include when I might lose control and take the bait of a troll ... LOL!).

Unfortunately, we are limited in how we communicate in a medium like this. I think that many of the subtleties we hope are communicated in our writing are "lost in the transmission," so to speak, and we may come across as hostile or arrogant when we have no intention whatsoever to do so.

I like the idea of a "gentle" recovery, but many people need a different approach, and airing their grievances and engaging in vigorous (sometimes heated) debate does them the most good. One thing for sure, though, is that RfM is irreplaceable! (A million thanks' to Eric and Susan and company!)

And with that, Good Night! ... it's getting past beddy-bye time ... : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 03:49AM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 07:58AM

Maybe it was the full moon? ;oD

Sometimes the board is angry, sometimes laid back.

I think beer might help. And I am certain Timothy, Mak, Hela and a few others would agree on that one! :oD

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:33AM

... where do you usually go?

By the way, please don't confuse the "power of discernment" with a vague understanding of how Google works.

All kidding aside, I do have to axe you a serious question.

You wrote:

“I actually like to know exactly why I'm feeling a certain way and what it actually was that caused me to feel that way. I've been doing my best to try to help others here think in those terms as well, the ones who I can see that are still very angry. I hope everyone can eventually find their own path to happiness.”

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,90656,90734#msg-90734

Why do you feel its your personal charge to heal everyone and bring them round to your way of thinking? In case you haven't noticed, most folks who frequent this establishment have left that party.

Oh, and do try to answer the question this time instead of going-off on one of your childish tantrums. For me?

Now, here’s a couple of answers.

You axed:

“I'm wondering if maybe my tune that has changed little by little over time that has caused less friction between me and other members, good and not so good, depending on your taste in personality?”

No. Only your over-inflated ego would assume otherwise. Can’t speak for everyone, but I had more important things to do this weekend.

“I guess [those who “toy” with you] either got bored, or have chosen to steer clear for a while because of how pissed they saw I can get when I've been pestered and aggravated for too long.”

The lions in their dens tremble at your approach? LOL, I don’t think so, experienceheals. Sorry, but that’s the most laughable thing I‘ve ever read in this forum. Again, the answer is “No” and only your over-inflated ego would consider such nonsense.

And that would be what you keep tripping over. Even admin suggested you should concentrate on yourself instead of others which your fragile little ego summarily dismissed. Every time your position is challenged, you scream bloody murder. There are no wounds to heal. You simply enjoy stirring the pot. You haven’t the knowledge or experience to help anyone heal, experienceheals. You only fool yourself.

So where is it you go for abuse?

Timothy

Date: January 24, 2011 10:16AM

Timothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... where do you usually go?
>

I'm trying to escape the abuse, whether it's verbally, mentally, emotionally like anyone else here. We try to escape that from places like the Mormon church, only to find people like you ready to dish out more pain and conflict to others. Who stirs the pot here? take a good look at yourself Tim and then come back and answer that question you just asked.

> By the way, please don't confuse the "power of
> discernment" with a vague understanding of how
> Google works.
>
> All kidding aside, I do have to axe you a serious
> question.
>
> You wrote:
>
> “I actually like to know exactly why I'm feeling
> a certain way and what it actually was that caused
> me to feel that way. I've been doing my best to
> try to help others here think in those terms as
> well, the ones who I can see that are still very
> angry. I hope everyone can eventually find their
> own path to happiness.”
>
> http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,90656,90734#
> msg-90734
>
> Why do you feel its your personal charge to heal
> everyone and bring them round to your way of
> thinking? In case you haven't noticed, most folks
> who frequent this establishment have left that
> party.
>
Don't confuse my words and choose to interpret them how you see them. No where did I say I'm trying to get others to think, act and talk like me. Let's break it down so there's a better understanding. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding on your part. I thought I was clear and concise on my part. I guess not enough.

“I actually like to know exactly why I'm feeling
> a certain way and what it actually was that caused
> me to feel that way."

Exactly. I'm just talking about wondering why and what caused certain things to happen the way they did in my own life.

I've been doing my best to try to help others here think in those terms as well, the ones who I can see that are still very angry."

Not in those exact literal terms you were referring the above statement. But trying to help encourage them nonetheless to think on their own for themselves and stop allowing other leaders, people in the mormon church dictate or control how they think and what they say and do. That's what I meant by that.

"I hope everyone can eventually find their own path to happiness.”

Exactly what I meant. I hope they can find their OWN path to happiness. Not mine or my way. Their OWN!

You read way too much into stuff, overanalyze what I meant. But I'm glad you asked.

> Oh, and do try to answer the question this time
> instead of going-off on one of your childish
> tantrums. For me?

The only time I go off on you, is because you don't listen or even try to understand what I'm saying. The only person I can see being childish is you when you refuse to see someone else views and side of things. You do that an awful lot. You might as well keep that mirror in front of you as we speak because you tend to try to get others to think your way as well and you won't let go until you feel they have. It's not your way or the highway. You should take the moderators advice just as well, by working on your self and stop trying to bring others to a fault that only exists in your assumptions. I'm glad you're asking though now instead of accusing and assuming.

> Now, here’s a couple of answers.
>
> You axed:
>
> “I'm wondering if maybe my tune that has changed
> little by little over time that has caused less
> friction between me and other members, good and
> not so good, depending on your taste in
> personality?”
>
> No. Only your over-inflated ego would assume
> otherwise. Can’t speak for everyone, but I had
> more important things to do this weekend.
>
Who has the inflated ego? when People hear you occasionally tell everyone how much of a guru and tycoon you are with your job. You tend to brag an awful lot about yourself while tearing others down. That is not the kind of person I want to associate with and I'm pretty sure others don't either. You do that an awful lot and it's pretty ugly man.

> “I guess either got bored, or have chosen to
> steer clear for a while because of how pissed they
> saw I can get when I've been pestered and
> aggravated for too long.”

> The lions in their dens tremble at your approach?
> LOL, I don’t think so, experienceheals. Sorry,
> but that’s the most laughable thing I‘ve ever
> read in this forum. Again, the answer is “No”
> and only your over-inflated ego would consider
> such nonsense.

I mentioned nothing of trembling. I only said what I said, because I was wondering if they just were choosing to be polite and give me a little space and stop pestering me and stirring the pot as you call it. Something you have a difficult time avoiding Tim. You stir the pot an awful lot. you can't help yourself. You find it very entertaining to see others get upset. You treat people as if they are your own puppet show with no feelings to entertain your own boredom. You instigate things until you can see some sort of reaction out of them. You're the troll.

> And that would be what you keep tripping over.
> Even admin suggested you should concentrate on
> yourself instead of others which your fragile
> little ego summarily dismissed.

I didn't dismiss anything. I just think it's ridiculous for them to tell someone to be selfish and only think about themselves, not ask other people questions with sincerity and curiosity, because that is how people learn here. When it all comes down to it, that rule applies to people who purposely go out of their way to tear others apart like you have on many occasions. My goal here is to not do that, but it seems it's your goal from many past discussion with you.

Every time your
> position is challenged, you scream bloody murder.
> There are no wounds to heal. You simply enjoy
> stirring the pot.

Sorry Tim, that's your stance, not mine. You need to stop it with the victim mentality level by trying to mirror off yourself and what you're feeling by making it look like it's other peoples problems and not yours. All of the problems you face tim, starts with you! No one else. Once you've realized that and you sincerely want to make a change in your own heart, then maybe you'll start to see things differently and you'll speak to others differently and you'll see some changes in your life. Stop pointing your finger and Start owning up to your OWN behavior

You haven’t the knowledge or
> experience to help anyone heal, experienceheals.
> You only fool yourself.
>
What ever. The fool is only the one who speaks and thinks he knows what's up, instead of asking questions and trying to understand. You know nothing about me or my true motives, so you need to stop assuming things. I have plenty of interest in other people and their stories and i like to share my stories. I don't need to be interrogated and questioned by assholes like yourself.

> So where is it you go for abuse?
>
No where. Move out of the way, you're wasting my time and blocking my view. you're nothing to me. get over your own pride and bruised ego. You're the one who can't seem to handle things in a social cordial manner because you feel it's necessary to keep approaching others with all kinds of questions, expecting them to answer just to reassure your own insecurities and those things you're unsure of. You're not welcome around me with that attitude and chip on your shoulder you carry around. Good Luck to you in future endeavors. You'll need it.

P.S. I hope the Moderators read this and finally see that the problem is you Tim and not everyone else. You do so well at accusing others, yet you're too slow to look at yourself and admit things. You need to work on reversing that behavior, because it really doesn't get you far and people don't buy it. It just ends up being a waste of time and energy when they could be learning something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 10:31AM by experienceheals.

Date: January 24, 2011 12:49PM

... do you feel its your personal charge to heal everyone and bring them round to your way of thinking?

Oh, and you did ask.

Just sayin'.

Timothy

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:05AM

It's just you. I've had threads deleted at a rate of 2x per month, but I prattle on about anything and everything regardless of the sensitivities.

One of the more attractive things about this place is that you never know what's going to get someone's knickers in a twist.

Ron

Date: January 24, 2011 11:15AM

I'm just glad I'm fairly quick to pick up on others motives and knowing it's not just my imagination. I can most the time see right through peoples antics. If I can't tell right away because someone is trying to hide behind a facade or manipulate others through their own behavior, I'll usually ask enough questions until I get the answer I'm looking for. The Truth always comes out one way or another.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:46AM

I wouldn't be so quick to congratulate yourself on understanding others' motives. You were very quick to "read between the lines" and make assumptions about me that weren't true, which is why I stopped talking to you. Your "Truth" is your imagination and is nowhere near reality, which is why I gave up on having any kind of conversation with you.

Posted by: eh ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:41PM

You are trying your best-that is all we can do. The answers we seek are not always the one's we want but, they are the ones we need.

I have seen two of your detractors like Timothy act out and hurt this board very much. The board healed and forgave. Timothy in his own way is trying to help. He tries to help in his own way and you do not have to listen to him at all.

Simple type "ignored."

Just like I tried to help in my own way.Others are trying to help in their own way.

Hold yourself to a higher standard if your going to beat yourself up.

I have seen "love is my religion" now "sex is my religion" harass and worse. A few others do it to. They are seekers of negativity. They need it. She claimed to not wan't to have a conversation with you then wrote a reply here.

It just is.

keep going the good direction.

By getting flustered they win.

It's easy.

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:42PM

Posted by: LongTimegone ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:15PM

personal, identifiable information about another poster is doing his best? He warranted his very own warning post (a sticky one at that) at the top of the board. To me that's not doing one's best. Not even close.

This board is a safe place for many because of the anonymity. To have one arrogant poster threaten that sense of safety by posting another's personal information during a vicious temper tantrum is unforgivable, even if the person whose information was identified is not bothered by it.

If I owned this board, it would be grounds for kicking his condescending a$$ out of here...permanently. Alas, it is not my board, so for the first time, after many years of being here, I am reading the name of the poster before I click a thread with the intention of avoiding EH's posts.

Of course, he will tell you he knows my motivations better than I know them because he still has the Mormon super power of "discernment."

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:29PM

Is it not their job to do the booting. ALl' your who hollerin' is fun. I don't even know what he did and I never saw it.

Therefore I cannot say one way or the other. If he found out who someone is then I guess they did not really try to hide whom they were.It' not like EH is a "man in black."

However Cash was.

Laughter.

While I appreciated your concern and respect YOUR wish to remain anon-that is not the case here and I am sure EH knows that was a no-no.

He is NEW and learning.

As him if he is remorseful yourself before you...... ask all of us to throw him into your cauldron or fire.

Date: January 24, 2011 01:53PM

Learning would be a bit of a stretch, don't you think, or don't you?

And, no, 665, It doesn't make me the least bit nervous if folks figure out who I am. The personal information experienceheals revealed was mine. I understand why folks like experienceheals hide behind chicken-s**t aliases, but that ain't me. I have nothing to hide.

Timothy

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:03PM

You seem to honestly believe you can read minds.

Message boards are imperfect mediums for communication. The written word is not as complete as having a face to face conversation with someone.

What you need to understand is, that if you are finding "anger" in other peoples' posts, that that anger is coming from you. As you read, you are projecting anger onto others and categorically stating their motives for them. You can't do this. At least not accurately.

This is what is meant when the admins tell you to talk about your own experiences. You really, REALLY need to stop ascribing motives to other posters. Really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 12:03PM by elee.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:30AM

I haven't noticed any marked change just the usual ebb and flow.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:04PM

It really doesn't matter. If the proverbial $hit starts hitting the fan, just imagine everyone naked. That's what I do.

Ron

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:09PM

EH, once again, you are sometimes projecting your own emotions etc. onto others (which we all do, some more, some less). I think you've really come a long way here at being more patient, but hows about just not answering posts you don't like? Think about what that person is saying, see if it's at all true and if so, try to take it to heart, if not, just go your way.

Don't get into any more battles, they're really not winnable and this is just a forum, so don't take things too hard. It's not worth the stress. I think sometimes you insult people and don't even know why, it's the Mormon mindset, you're in a different world sometimes still. But if the shoe fits, try putting it on at least. Just IMHO and I think you've made some good posts here.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:09PM

Maybe it had to do with all of mr.eds posts. That was quite a few days of unbelievable,lame posts. He certainly got me all riled up with his superiorority. Really hope he is reconsidering his thoughts. Or not.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:10PM

Depends on, as ExMormonRon said: who has their knickers in a twist!
Imagining people nekkid (or only in a that fig-leaf green apron) is one of the ways I got through my Exit Process from Mormonism!
Ecclesiastical authority is gone in a flash. Pun intended.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:58PM

I just haven't noticed a whole lot of friction between anyone on any of the topics the past few days. Has their been some huge interventions/agreements? Or is everyone just taking a break for a while, chilling out and being cool with one another and showing more respect what each other believes?
WHY SAY THIS.... JUST TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD..... opps sorry for caps lock! do you like the friction?
and yes we have all agreed to hold hands and sing Kumbaya!! (google it)

and here:

or have chosen to steer clear for a while because of how pissed they saw I can get when I've been pestered and aggravated for too long.
What??? why would you say this??? you are deluded if you think this! I have no beef with you at all..... but your posts here are somewhat acrimonious!

Date: January 24, 2011 01:37PM

From another post, I quoted experienceheals as follows:

"I've been doing my best to try to help others here think in those terms as well, the ones who I can see that are still very angry."

I then axed why he feels its his charge to heal folks and bring them round to his way 'o' thinkin'.

Here's the boy wonder's reply:

"Don't confuse my words and choose to interpret them how you see them [sure don't want to be made a fool of. eh?]. No where did I say I'm trying to get others to think, act and talk like me."

How do ya reckon that one, sparky?

experienceheals writes:

"Not in those exact literal terms you were referring the above statement. But trying to help encourage them nonetheless to think on their own for themselves and stop allowing other leaders, people in the mormon church dictate or control how they think and what they say and do. That's what I meant by that."

Ed'marc had the same problem. Seems our newest resident mind-reader can't figure out that the vast majotity of this establishment's patrons have already been there, done that and bought the t-shirt, hence this forum's title "Recovery From Mormonism"

Maybe he thinks its the NOM board or something. I dunno.

Guess I'll have to get-out my experienceheals decoder ring. In the meantime, something smells fishy, Biggy, and I don't think its the chicken.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 01:43PM by Timothy.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:05PM

I think the board just needed some time to “feel you out” as it were. Now we have gotten a good look at you we can adjust to your ……stuff…um… way…or POV I guess. The “feeling out” period is over so the waters have calmed.

Like I said, this ain’t Sunday School. But it can be fun at times.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:49PM

(Mostly thanks to Steve Benson). Not that I complain but I wish there was more of faithful people to discuss invisible, supernatural stuff.

Date: January 24, 2011 01:54PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:09PM

Everyone can consider that a warning. Even if the other person has put it up in the past, if it isn't your info IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. PERIOD.

And I will say it again, trying to "teach/change/fix" others here is the fast track to problems. Work on your own issues and let others work on theirs. And you need to be here a LOT longer before you start making sweeping statements about this place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.