Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: delightsome ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:46PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:51PM

Why does that make my skin crawl to the degree it does?

Posted by: homelesswhale ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:55PM

one stop shopping for all your cult needs. whats next? turning each deseret book into a mini Deseret Industries?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:19PM

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:28PM

Looks like TSCC is hurting financially...they need to ask their prophets what to do instead of floundering around like the rest of the world in the economic crunch, after all, they have a direct pipeline to God, so why aren't they using it?

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:32PM

I sense a price increase and possably a convenience charge of some sort in the new future. I just cant wait for the main office to start subing out cult services and temple rituals to third party providers at the cost of a small fee. Maybe they will be a little more subtle at the temples and install a "sugested donation" box at the front desk of each temple.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 08:37PM

I smelled money problems.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 08:18AM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 08:20AM

Many of these stores just opened in the last 5 years--newly built, etc. It sure does seem they are hurting financially.

And, may I add, the service at Deseret Book is SLOW. There isn't any extra room in the store, so I assume they'll expand it into the distribution stores.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 08:23AM by cl2.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 10:28AM

"A statement from Distribution Services indicated that shopping convenience and more efficient use of resources were the major reasons for the new agreement between The Church and Deseret Book Company."

well crafted statement to perpetuate the illusion that Deseret Book is independent of TSCC.

Posted by: mireille ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 10:36AM

That's more for the IRS than anything else. Have to keep the not-for-profit and for-profit arms separate, you know.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 10:52AM

Distribution Services is one of several "profit centers" in the church. So is Deseret Books. They butted heads back when the church introduced the new and improved Quad-Com, as detailed in "The Book of Mammon." Even though it's all the church's money, they see themselves in competition with each other. So it looks like Distribution lost out. There must be some sulking executives there.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:13AM

to increase royalty's in GA book sales. What better way but than to have Pukedork or Monsoon's cover staring at you at the check out stand, while you are buying the sacred undies. Its a conditional process, like everything else. If I were in the GA's shoes, I'd have a very low subliminal message echoing in a whisper at the check out stand saying, "Buy the profits book, you must obey all of his counsel." Haaa...they'll think its the spirit.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:41AM

yeah ... I'll bet they'll have a dressing room ... you can come out and ask your wife "how do these look on me honey?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.