Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: almostout ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:05PM

Ok, so I get there are many options for the lower half of the garment replacement, but what pray tell, do all of you wear underneath dress shirts? Especially white shirts, which I typically will not wear due to much psychological scarring of TSCC requirements, but in the off chance I do, what is the best comfortable replacement for the upper half for a man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:06PM

Posted by: NoTellin' ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:09PM

Posted by: tngal123 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:41PM

But find it looks terrible with dress shirts.
Either a Undershirt for example like a crew neck t-shirt or a undershirt tank top is what I find looks nice.

I equate it to the same as a woman that wears a white dress shirt for work and doesnt wear a camisole. Not bery professional when she does this because you can see every stitch of lace or embellishment on her bra. Somehow people don't take one very serious when they are showing all their wears.

Just like how I don't want to see her bra I don't want to see your nipples through your white dress shirt... while I'm working at least. :)

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:13PM

Some of my shirts make me sweat if I go commando, and that's gross, so I go with a white t-shirt.

If I can put on a wife beater instead it makes me feel like Wolverine, and that's awesome. Because throughout the day I can pretend like I'm Wolverine when work makes me wish I was dead.

Posted by: lurker ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:53AM

Raptor, you are awesome.

-Big Time Lurker

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:20AM

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:28PM

Hanes crew neck

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:41PM

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 01:31AM

Ditto for sure

stormy

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:29PM

If going without an undershirt makes you nipples sore, a stategicly placed bandaid on each will cure.

Personally, at work I wear a tshirt so that my nipple rings won't be too obvious. In other contexts I don't wear anything under a dress shirt so that I can advertize my nipple rings.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:39PM

Charlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If going without an undershirt makes you nipples
> sore, a stategicly placed bandaid on each will
> cure.
>

Said by a guy who must shave his chest!

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:44AM

Nope, don't shave the chest, but do like a bit of manscaping to emphasize the "treasure trail".

Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:43PM

I wear t-shirts almost always under my dress shirts. More from my military years and upgringing (mom always had us wear t-shirts). I like to wear colored ones without a tie just to see what people think (match t to my trousers).

I also told my wife that my OCD impacts on underwear choices. I try to match my fruit of the loom to the shirt I am wearing. It could help if the fly is left open, someone would only think they saw my tucked in shirt tail.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 03:47AM

EW! Nipple rings and bandaids?

I know an ex-Mormon who found v-neck tee shirts that look like garments.

My advice to everyone (male and female) is to not wear a white shirt, unless you wear a jacket or blazer over it. I used to fool people by wearing flesh-colored underwear.

Write on your tee shirt, "If you can read this, you are too close," like the bumper sticker.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 05:59AM

...who wear something underneath thier dress shirts go for undershirts/T-shirts of the Hanes/Fruit-of-the-Loom variety.

A trick that women use when wearing white is too keep their underwear beige, nude, or flesh-colored.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 07:55AM

I don't know about comfort, but it's GOT to be more comfortable than an underwire bra... but anyway, I think the plain white T looks the best. I don't like the look of the wife beater under the dress shirt and going comando on top looks even worse because nobody wants to see man nips. yuck. I went to LDS business college for a semester and there was one nomo teacher there and he always wore a white dress shirt with no t-shirt under it... eewwww.. we get it, you're not mormon, you don't have to wear garments, but do we need to see your little brown man titties? not really..

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 08:51AM

Speak for yourself.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:41AM

He he.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:31AM

Just replace the dress attire with Polo shirts or just cool print t-shirts (with pockets. I hate shirts of any kind with no pockets) and a nice pair of broke-in bluejeans.

That ought to do the trick.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 11:32AM by Timothy.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:48AM

I wear white shirts/dress shirts daily in my profession. Even as a morgbot, I hated the "eternal smile" effect of the garmies, so I always opted for crew neck garmies. After trashing the garms, I had to replace them with something, otherwise some of the white shirts are sheer and it looks to red neck not to wear a T-shirt. I found that MJ's Hanes are the best. Crew neck. White. You'll never know the difference, except you don't feel like a cult follower anymore.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:57AM

Does MJ know about this?

Timothy

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:00PM

its just that reading the BOM all those years turned me pure and delightsome is all.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 11:52AM

Nothing. Or a white vest.

Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:40PM

Since leaving the morg I don't dress up in anything more dressy than a nice polo shirt and dockers or such.

But, that being said, I find that a nice "wife beater" works well for me. I have all kinds of colors and I wear one to match the shirt I am wearing, it kind of blends in if you get my drift.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:52PM

Personally, undershirts just add bulk and insulation I don't need -- unless it's really cold.

When I had to wear white shirts on my mission, I got thick Oxford cloth ones, partly so the garment smiley didn't show, but mostly I thought the thinner white shirts my father wore were tacky.

Some people say, "But what about sweat stains?" I don't have that problem, but I guarantee you I'd sweat with an undershirt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.