Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: artvandalay ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 03:31PM

I was writing earlier about speaking with my TBM friend and how he thought Joseph Smith was the holy ghost.

He mentioned something else that was even more ridiculous about everybody getting a white stone when we go to heaven that we can look into. We will be able to look into this white stone and see the terrestial and telestial worlds.

His Grandma apparently would always talk about how excited she is to get her white stone when she dies. My DW said that perhaps your grandma was losing it in her old age. He also heard from a seminary teacher apparently that this white stone may become embedded in our foreheads when we are in heaven. I couldn't understand how an adult friend of mine could tell me this with a straight face.

I sincerely hope that this is true and will be researching it. My DW thought this was ridiculous and I really feel if I could show this to her, she might realize what a joke most of this is. Has anybody heard anything about this? I feel like I grew up in the wrong mormon family since we never talked about white stones or JS becoming the holy ghost. I feel like I would have figured everything out much sooner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 03:34PM

It's right in the D&C.

D&C 130:11 -

And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 03:34PM by Freevolved.

Posted by: artvandalay ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 03:36PM

You're right, I guess I should have looked it up before I wrote on this forum. Apparently it can also be found in

Rev 2:17-
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it]." (Revelation 2:17)

That is good to know. Thanks for the help

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 03:41PM

What a coincidence that the words are pretty much identical in Rev and D&C.....

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 03:36PM

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 04:59PM

It was the first time I'd every heard about it so I was intrigued by the whole thing. One P-Day were at the beach and I found a small, smooth, white stone. I carried it in my church clothes for years.

Anyway, the thing I find funny is I'd show it to people and make a reference to the white stones we were going to get in the CK and everybody would give me a blank look. Nobody reads the whole D&C I guess.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 07:51PM

Remember this guy?

"Hi, I'm Do. Welcome to Episode 1 of Beyond Human. The planet Earth is about to be recycled, and your only chance to survive is to shed your container and leave with us..."

(I know dealing with this is serious stuff for people but I can't soup laughing--sorry)

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 08:34PM

That one I have heard of. Everyone getting their own Urim & Thummim.

Posted by: DaisyChains ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 09:43PM

So that's why these crazies stick to it? Excited eternal life with a side of ice in the CK?

Posted by: gilgamesh ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 11:00PM

I'm pretty sure the white stone is symbolic of our resurrected bodies. I could be wrong. I have it from a pretty good source.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.