Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brookside ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:06PM

Once leaving the church and following my heart, is there any hope for my family? My middle brother wants nothing to do with me, and my two oldest brother try to avoid me. mom still checks on me once in a while, but I know they are not proud of my desisions. I'm endowed, but I learned it was all a lie. I have one ex-parter who keeps stalking me and he is in the bishopric of his ward.

The church is so messed up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brookside ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 04:47PM

I've learn how Satan carefully leads people down to hell recently. I'm not sure where I belong now. Defintely not the church. I just got exed.

Posted by: star1bandit ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 04:52PM

They say famalies can be together forever, not that they will. You really have to look carefully at things said in that church. They do anything to keep you with them, including sinking low. Like the TBMs coming on trying to make everyone here, who are already hurting, to feel even more like shit. It's just how they roll XP

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 05:35PM

Yes, what they say is not the same as what is to be. They love to say it (families forever) to keep everyone in the fold. It is a manipulation tactic. That is all.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 05:31PM

Your family belongs to a cult. The cult will use your family as a weapon to bring you back into compliance.

You can keep the door open to a relationship with them, but it might mean being subjected to some pretty cruel, thoughtless treatment. You have to decide how much you are willing to take. Set your boundaries now. If you are fortunate to have a family that loves you more than they love the cult, they will eventually accept you on your terms.

Good luck.

Posted by: henrysmith ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 06:20PM

I have looked through this book.

by Mark sichel

It's very helpful. He suggests two things possibly relevant to you, that will help you reconcile:

1. Time-tends to heal non-fatal wounds, and
2. Persistence and willingness to forgive, and not bring up inflammatory or argument-starting topics.

Just wait, and keep trying, without anger. It takes time. also, think on this-your mere presence is more helpful to getting them out, or talkative, than your arguments. Every time they are worried, or lonely, they'll remember your loyalty and non-judgment much more than their conditional love in the church.

That water will erode more stones than anything else over time.

After I left, people who were loving, and their comments and hints were the ones I remembered, gave me hope, and helped me pull through. The church's judgment and perceived confidence will then count against them, and you will win.

Water wears down stones. Give it time and persistence, and you will begin to win. Disregard any evil comments they make, realize you believed and were a puppet at one time, too. It didn't make you evil, and don't hold it against them, they are just being puppets. But, every time they can only react in anger, you have made another step forward to getting them to think, and then later leave. That's one of the first steps to conversion, it's also one of the first steps out.

Good luck!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 09:20PM

Just what is the secret to success for Utahs largest corporation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LA_Eusla4ocorporation

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.