Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 01:18PM

Well, at least last hour, on the doug wright show, she is being discussed. I had to go to class, otherwise i would have called in. All I heard was from her aunt or sister about how the prosecutor is just trying to make an example of her.

Is there a way to link?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 08:08PM

I wish you had the time to listen and report!

There is a news website in Anchorage that is trying to spin her case as a "political" attack.

I do hope the prosecutor "makes an example of her". This woman is in deep denial, and with a little luck one of Dr. Phil's counselors will be called to the stand to testify. I'm sure his counselors did all they humanly could to mentor Mrs. Beasley, to no avail.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 08:42PM

I was amazed. People kept writing things like, "Well my mother used to whip me with a TV cable," or "Hot sauce is nothin'! I could swallow a whole bottle!" I'm exaggerating. But still, I was gobsmacked to see that more people supported her than were critical of her.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 08:54PM

People who mistreat children are very threatened to hear another abuser is going to face consequences.

I hope they make an example of her too. Few cases come along where it's caught on tape and the mother asked for it to be taped to show how she parents. I'm sure the tape only captured her on a good day since she staged it to keep the abuse at what she thought was an acceptable level. I'm sure she's more vicious when she's not making a tape to send to Dr. Phil.

Prosecutors and judges have discretion to make an example out of someone. It should be political. Alaska needs to show they won't let a woman whose abuse is caught on tape get away with it. If they let this go, how would they ever stop parents who are not caught on tape.

I love how you can see her garments atop her blouse and Jesus in the background while she tortures this child.

She should get an extra 5 years for the stupid perm.

Date: January 31, 2011 08:58PM

"Oh, that's probably not true! Thhhhppt."

Date: January 31, 2011 09:01PM

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 10:42PM

Definitely stake PPP....it was in one of the articles and from what it said it was "former" so I am hoping she got released.

Enid Greene was doing the show for Doug, and I got the impression from the little that i heard that she was of the opinion that it was also spun out of control. She said that russian authorities had investigated and said he should stay there. Also, that child services had investigated and found no reason to remove children.

Like I said before, they remove as a last resort. Of course she shaped up after that. She won't go to jail for this, just mandatory counseling if she gets a conviction or if they plead it out......

wish I could have skipped class....ironically my professor was also my child abuse/domestic violence professor, but last semester, otherwise I could have gotten away with it.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 09:40PM

Yes, with that awful perm she looks like a "Dilbert" character, brought to life. One of the mean ones, from the Accounting or Human Resources Department.

"Out! Out! Demons of Stupidity!"

P.S. I hope she brings up how she is a devout Mormon. Bonus!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.