Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tiny ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:15PM

I was so wrong to write a person on this post. How dare you talk about a person like that! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tngal123 ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:23PM

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:24PM

This place is totally safe. I haven't been abducted by Aliens or molested by BigFoot since I started posting here.
Knock on wood....and xing fingers.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:25PM

And then there's the possibility that a third party was doin' the dissin' and figuring nobody would recognize the junior high regression...

Dang, used to be a social board where this drama was relegated...

Of course I nicknamed it the Relief Society Board, and I quit going when somebody I was trying to pay a compliment to figured I was calling her a tramp...

Maybe Mormons are right to make sure there's plenty of Prozac to go around...

Here at RFM we tend to buy each other drinks (except a few of us teetotaler types, and we don't mind others imbibing). Of course that can be problematic because it does have an effect on the libido that anti-depressants don't...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 03:26PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: tngal123 ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:26PM

But when you start emailing the people here you take your chances. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with someone but unfortunately there are bound to be a few rotten apples.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:28PM

But, but..... I told you I was a virgin before we went out!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:29PM

Here we go again.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:29PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Date: February 02, 2011 03:30PM

I know it is obvious. It was my fault. It is all good live and learn, right!
Tiny :P

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:31PM

There are a lot of smiles in the insane asylum!

That's where we are right? I mean, doing the same things over and over yet expecting different results = insane.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:50PM

doing your homework first. Learned a good lesson, I hope.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 04:06PM

To keep talking about the mom who tried to kill her kids that you both thought you might have known.

Otherwise, I don't see what's so obvious.

Innuendo that sends us all guessing isn't very cool: "Is it I, Lord? Is it I?"

Date: February 02, 2011 04:46PM

Well, I did not ask anyone for a e-mail. But nevertheless, the proper steps have been taken and people notified and e-mail, whether true or not have been sent out. :)

Date: February 02, 2011 04:51PM

It wasn't cool. And that was part my fault. But I was not trying to add more grief to the situation.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 04:56PM

What were you trying to do?

Date: February 02, 2011 05:00PM

I believe I stepped into the "devil den." I wanted to grieve with someone and I thought that would help. I am an idiot! I guess :P
Tiny

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 05:03PM

You don't need a complete strangers e mail address to help you grieve, but I guess I'm saying something you now know.

We all live and learn, don't beat yourself up over it.

Date: February 02, 2011 05:05PM

True! Thanks for all the input I appreciate it. :P
Tiny

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 05:46PM

All RfM Admin can do is control to an extent what occurs on this board.

Sus I/S, Chief Admin, gives frequent warnings about email contact. It is risky, to the point that it's against board rules to solicit posters' emails or request off-board contact via email (that's hard for Admin to constantly monitor and immediately address though as the board is 24/7/365 and often moves quickly). We're also cautioned not to give too much IRL info or to repeat others' info on this board, even if they have previously disclosed it.

In short, merely posting on RfM does not give someone absolute bona fides to the point that one should not exercise caution as to who they are contacting via email. Many posters use an email address that is only for RfM and similar sites, not their personal email they use in real life, to preserve a bit of distance should such become necessary. You can even get a new email address if you must without disrupting your own life.

I know it's easy to feel a bond with other posters, especially if you have something significant in common, or feel that you do, but that doesn't mean that a rapid transition from a discussion board to IRL contact via email or phone or visits is guaranteed safe. In fact, all too often it isn't. You just don't know who that person is. It's worth taking time to find out.

I wouldn't beat myself up too much for not being totally aware at first or for leaping into the unknown on the spur of the moment (especially in what feels like 'crisis' mode) but I'd definitely try to learn from any bad experiences and try to avoid a repeat.

It's a jungle out there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 05:47PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 05:50PM

There are jerks here and there are also trolls. Be careful. Only a couple of people here have my email and that was after I had been on the board for years and actually knew them in a sense.There is enough flaming on board without getting contacted privately with more crap by jerks. I would be very, very selective about giving out personal information especially as a newbie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.