Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:01PM

It is 10 degrees in southern Arizona today. Several schools cancelled for the day because they have no water. We have no snow because it is too dang dry, but an icy wind that will cut right through you. I took a picture with my phone of individual grass blades encapsulated in icicles, it was like walking on glass.

Other than that, the sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky!!

How are you all faring in the rest of the world, since hell has frozen over down here?? ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:07PM

Moab Utah very cold, about 15 but supposed to get up to 30. Blue skies, had froze pipes yesterday and it looks like more of the same today (different ones). My housemate (who I've mentioned endlessly) left a window open night before last in the basement, thus the pipes breaking, but now I'm not sure what's going on. About to call the property manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 12:10PM by lostinutah.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:09PM

Houston. We're headed for snow, rain, freezing and hail this afternoon and through tomorrow. It's funny because Houston has no clue how to deal with it, neither the city nor the drivers. Having grown up in Michigan, I know to stay home because some other idiot will kill you when he locks up his brakes and has no clue why he can't steer. 29 degrees right now, 22 at night.

Ron

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:13PM

the corridor. Never froze in the garage before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 12:18PM by mav.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:13PM

Calling for a high of +4 celsius here in the foothills of the Alberta Rockies (sorry, I don't know what that is in fahrenheit, but it's above freezing). The rest of the week is supposed to be very nice. I took my class of Grade One kids cross country skiing and sledding yesterday, beautiful, warm and sunny. Hope it lasts awhile!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 11:55PM by looking in.

Date: February 03, 2011 12:23PM

You live in a beautiful place. Spent part of last summer camping in Alberta and Banff. Gorgeous.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:17PM

Highs will be in the sixties where I live today and next week we're looking at mid-seveties. Spring usually arrives in February here and March turns wintery again.

We're lucky and I wish I could send warm weather where it's most needed.

Date: February 03, 2011 12:19PM

It is crazy here, record low since the 1800's. But supposed to be up to 60 by Sunday again. Stupid Arizona.

Date: February 03, 2011 12:24PM

Have been following all that on Twitter. Stay safe, you Aussies are really getting hit hard.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:23PM

But here is So cal the high temp forecast for today is in the low 60s. It is sunny outside, with a light breeze. The palm trees outside my office are barely moving in the light sea breeze. If its any consolation, I did have to scrape a light frost off of my windsheild yesterday morning.

Date: February 03, 2011 12:26PM

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:48PM

..but the good news is that by the time I warmed up my car, and was driving to work, it had already warmed up to -1. Our region had anywhere from 16''to 21'' of snow in the last few days.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:00PM

Mild, misty, foggy, drizzly and cozy on the BC coast.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:01PM

low 40's and below at night. Sunny most days -- North Santa Barbara County, CA. Warm enough to open the doors and air out the house during the day. Gets bone cold with higher humidity at night when the sun goes down. Doesn't snow here. Too close to the ocean, I guess.

Posted by: Oregon Gal ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:12PM

56 degrees in Corvallis, Oregon right now. Sunny sunny sunny.

VERRRY unsusual for this time of year. We haven't seen rain in almost two weeks.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:21PM

Cold and frozen so bad that my poor friend's schools' pipes busted, and they still had school. No running water! Lack of snow though.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:21PM

Cloudy and about 50 degrees. Typical day of winter in the NW

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:25PM

In Utah county was 10 above this morning. In the 30's now and clear.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 01:25PM

In Utah county was 10 above this morning. In the 30's now and clear.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 02:38PM

It got down to 56F last night in our house in Southern California.

Brrrr

I got up and turned the heater on in the dog house around 12pm and I had our heat blanket going full blast on the bed.

Today is nice and sunny.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 02:58PM

Don't you just love weather?

Briggy

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 03:07PM

Clear and sunny here in central Cali. About 61 degrees but with the wind chill it feels about 58.

Time for some golf.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 05:14PM

50 degrees, high overcast, periodic showers due tomorrow after having a few days of toooo cold weather for me (30's-- total weather weenie here). Looking forward to the rain here in Seattle.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 05:17PM

... still iced over from the storm two days ago and the Super Bowl is in town this Sunday.

Oh yeah, and we're supposed to get more snow ths evening

Welcome to North Texas, Steelers and Packers!

Timothy

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:15PM

Here in Pennsylvania there was no school Tuesday or Wednesday in 57 districts around here, due to expected freezing rain that never happened. School superintendents are criticized but refuse to apologize.

Yesterday at 5AM I turned on the TV to see the school closings, and the Pennsylvania public channel was showing fireworks LIVE. At 5 in the morning!

I thought, "what's this?" - (I'm a transplant to PA). Turned out it was the people of Punxsutawney, PA, waiting for sunrise and their stupid groundhog, which prophesied an early spring but would not venture a prophecy on the Superbowl.

Hope it is a better prophet than the ones of TSCC.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:53PM

We haven't had an effective or even functional school system in Texas for decades. School superintendents are criticized but refuse to apologize. Nuthin' new.

Afraid I'm going to be about as reliable a prophet as the stupid groundhog.

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Look for Jerry Jones to dominate the game. He actually convinced the nearest Wal-Mart to close-down for the day.

That's too much power for one man to wield.

Timothy

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 05:53PM

Not very cold. here in the English Midlands.

Gusty, high winds, about 8C, so warm for this time of year. No snow, but some rain.

Posted by: sonflower ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 06:11PM

Weather here in Tampa is great! I've been here 33 years, and it's days like today I remember why I moved from Minnesota. It's partly cloudy, breezy, and in the high 60's, low 70's. I can't imagine digging out from all that snow!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 06:16PM

and i used to live in Tampa/st.Pete too!! Mak lives in the Tampa Bay area too!! what a small small world!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 06:16PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: sonflower ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 06:25PM

Hi bignevermo. I know Golden Valley. I lived in Chaska before movin south. My hubbie's from Bloomington. I'm a nevermo too. How did you get interested in this site, and who is Mak? Yes, it is a small world! sonflower

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 08:12PM

who goes by a longer name.... mak for short!!!
makarusu or some such...sorry Mak.... it sounds Japanese to me..... and i got interested in this site when i worked with two Mormons...and a J.W.!!! i checked out the Mormon official site also the J.W. site too..when i looked up the LDS site...this site is just underneath the official LDS site when googeled!! ..the J.W.'s go thru some of the same poopoo too! they actually use shunning as a formal tool!!! yikes!!

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 06:46PM

We've been having an amazingly mild winter. Usually around 40 in the days. Until this week that is. We got a few inches of snow and it's colder than hell now.

Last night was 25 below and the power went off. My pipes froze and it took till noon to thaw them out. I'm sure glad I mainly heat with wood or I'd have really been cold this morning. I lay in bed this morning waiting for the heat to come on till I finally realized that it wasn't coming on without some action from me.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 07:36PM

sunny, 85*

Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:25PM

Today, like yesterday, was bright, sunny and fucking cold. Better bright and sunny and fucking cold than the SNOWPOCALYPSE that we had Tuesday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.