Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jla71 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 08:20PM

Dh, kids, & I are on our way out. We have a very nice, Christian lady that helps clean our house, stay caught up on laundry, etc. Over the last few weeks we have had some good discussions on religion, (her dad was a minister, & she knows quite a bit about different religions.) during one such discussion, I mentioned how I'm not used to wearing my bra right against my skin, due to garments, and she kinda blurted out, "why do you wear garments?" I told her how we got them in the temple, they're a protection, etc. It felt funny/weird saying those things, almost as if that was the first time in 21 years I had really thought about it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: levite ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 08:47PM

whatever you believe in protects you to some extent be it
true or not. Tho its pagenism to the core to accept symbolism
since the death of christ, to work for us.
the Whole antichrist movement of the catholic church
is filled with symbolism and mormonism is not far off
the mark representing the sun,moon,star gods tho mormons
justifiy it represents the 3 degrees of glory.
Rubbish, those masonary symbols mean otherwise, sons and
daughters of lucfier..

Faith in anything, even yourself can protect, be it the bible
or above the bible, or no bible, Faith is a universal principle
tho no way does god need secret handshakes and garmies for
us to get to heaven. The mark and sealing in our hearts
does not require mormon symbolism and obligation as that
would rule out all other good people putting the symbolism
beond the heart and many will never accept mormonism
so are they abandoned from heaven..

No for they rejected the occult on earth.
there is no spirits and spirit world except satin and his
hosts, so no need for baptisms for the dead.The bible says the dear are concious of nothing until the resurrection.
The scripture in corithians about dead rise not unless meant those dead in christ in relegion need
to be re-baptised and come out of babylon and stop wandering
after the mark of the sunday, sun-worship pagen day of the
beast, will rise not until do so..

All sunday relegions are wrong. In fact if saturday relegions
are wrong then the bible is wrong, and athiesm wins..

Have real faith in yourself not in cloth and symbolism
in a luciferian witches and war lock occult relegion
of ancient satanic signs that mormons will say is not
but mormons are known to lie and change historic accounts
even in church history.. Joe smith never claimed to see
two personages only one then changed it 8 years later
on history record with witness's. The church doesnt want
you to know the facts but they can be dug up and even
on the net.

one last thing. enter into christ rightousness and surrender
your filthy rags of rightousness.. Mormonism teach after
all ye can do only then ye are saved by grace.

Grace takes affect immeditatly if accept christ.
No need for symbolism of secret undies and garmies
to work your way up some mormon ladder of acceptance.

That is satins plan, flee from it and get saved in christ

or just become an athiest and forget all about relegion..

levite. ps.. the mormon relegion threw me out for manic
depression.. Now that is not christian. It never was
christian...... Levite priests walked on by to get to the
temple ignored the wounded man lieing in a ditch while
a good samarition stops to help..

mormon levites are shit just like back then and good samariton
is greater example.

christians catch the fish first and christ cleans them
but mormon clean the fish first and the devil catches them.

Hope you can see the flip side of the mormon cult and
start thinking for yourself....

ex, anti levite... Levite.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:22PM

I don't know. I always thought it was dumb, but at the same time envied the righteous who could wear them

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:39PM

I don't wear them anymore.

Mormon garments are the equivalent of a prison uniform - basically the cult tells you "your ass is ours".

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:55PM

It is done to please their deity, because, the claimed representative of the deity says the deity commanded it.

The whole idea of rituals and commandments, and ordinances is to please the deity and receive special treatment on this earth and in their belief in their after life: good crops, good health, good weather, good, loving long life, etc.
Disobey the deity and you are damned -- there is a long list of the horrors that will befall you in this life and the next.

Same principle is used in almost all faiths.

Mormonism is a bit unique in that they have a worthiness litmus test -- official 24/7 underwear from the God of Regulation Skivvies.

Works too!

<~~~Non belief in the deities removes any need for following the rules and regulations.
I choose non-belief. :-)

Posted by: out ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 10:24AM

Except that in Christianity the whole point is that we CANNOT please God except by turning our hearts and minds over to Him. The Bible tells us that even our righteous acts are as 'filthy rags' before our perfect pure God.

out

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:15AM

Posted by: LongOut ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:33AM

The symbols sewn into the magic undies are MASONIC symbolsm. Joe was briefly exposed to the secret masonic order symbols and incorporated them into his self-procreated religion (along with the other stuff, like Egyptian hieroglyphics, etc...)These symbols protect the wearers from war, drowning, etc.... And, uh Joe had a bad experience in a canoe in the Missouri River = Anything to do with bodies of water are evil = Joe couldn't swim. How do we know this? Today's missionaries are not allowed near bodies of water.
Garments are based in masonic rituals. Smith was drawn to cults, secrets, anything ritualistic. If you really want to know what the jesus jammies symbols mean, go to a masonic ritual internet site. (The handshakes, aprons, a lot of temple ritual is directly in accordance to masonic rituals practiced in modern .day lodges). He was so easily influenced, it's freaky

Posted by: LongOut ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:40AM

Maybe you could find a religious website/non religious website to post, cause you are seriously bizarre. And I know from bizarre. Please, leave this safe place for athiests, agnostics and those who have been dealing with a cult.

Posted by: An agnostic ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:16PM

Levite says he is bipolar. I think he was just pointing out the diff between Christian doctrine and Mormonism, which uses pagan symbols yet claims to be Christian.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 10:11AM

I knew just from the way he writes that Levite is bipolar.

Arguing with such people on a website is a waste of time.

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:00PM

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:05PM

My experience says that I wore them because they were the safety blanket that was given to me after they mindfucked me in the temple.

Think about it. Stripped naked and given only a "sheild" to wear while some crusty old guy rubs oil on you? Being told how spiritual this was supposed to make you feel all the while your mind is screaming at you to run?

After they're done traumitizing you, here are some thick cotton undies with magic symbols to protect you from the big, bad world...wear them all the time or else!

The first time I took mine off and slept without them on, I seriously thought I was going to have something horrible happen to me during the night. It took at least 3 weeks before I was able to shake the feeling.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:24PM

Because they are such a powerful fashion statement.
See "Wallace Beery shirt."

Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:35PM

It was just the thing to do.

Growing up in a TBM family, I remember seeing men w/o garmies and thinking "why are they wearing little boy's underwear?"

After growing up, I always looked forward to having sex because I could pretend I fell asleep without them on. I always slept better in the nude.

Now that I am out, I have slept great every night.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:22PM

To protect from bullets, fire, and the devil. In that order.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:34PM

... ... as I looked upon my eldest brother in his comatose state, ribs crushed neath the sacred garments promised to protect them, I wondered to myself, "Why do they wear those horrid things?"

Timothy

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 09:24AM

I love garments, they make good rags and the magic just rubs off all the dirt.......

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 09:55AM

I would have never been able to talk to any of my non-Mormon friends about garments. (Well, I did to my non-Mormon therapist.) It was too embarrassing and incomprehensible that not only was I in a church claiming to be ONE true church, and that had a prophet named Joseph Smith, but we also wore secret religious UNDERWEAR.

My best friend and her family knew because they heard about it from a baptist preacher. But we had an unspoken agreement somehow so they never asked and I never had to acknowledge that I wore religious underwear. To me this was really one of the most embarrassing things I would ever have to explain to an outsider.

Once I left the church, my best friend from childhood and her husband laughed with me about all they had gone through all those years after trying to warn me that I was in a cult and then having to be careful not to offend me. My friend's husband told me, "Wow, you have an amazing mind. I'm amazed you thought your way out of it because it's almost impossible for anyone to leave a cult!"

How f***king embarrassing. But that's what true friends really are.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 10:17AM

I tossed all the clown panties in the trash with their markings left on.

Stupid cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.