Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: crossroads ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 12:02PM

I sent my email to Mr Dodge in Membership at the control center of the morgue and just tonight received notice that the email had been opened and read. Great! I guess this means that I am legally no longer a member? Wooohoo!

Mr Dodge if you read this I thank you for your time, you must really question your faith a lot, receiving all our resignation letters. Perhaps you are a member here on RfM? No doubt you are trapped in the church by your chosen career. Good luck to you.

Unexpectedly I've just today felt the beginnings of anger growing within me toward the church, perhaps it is the result of years of internal conflict over my indoctrination and brainwashing. Anyone else experience an unexpected onset of anger after they began their journey out of the mental prison? Normal?

Thus I'm taking this opportunity to say a few words:

FUCK YOU MORMON CHURCH! FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIES. FUCK YOU AND YOUR RACISM. FUCK YOU AND YOUR EVERCHANGING GOD. FUCK YOU AND YOUR FEAR MONGERING. FUCK YOU AND YOUR DECADENCE. FUCK YOU AND YOUR WEALTHY ELITES TELLING ME WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE POOR. FUCK YOU FOR TEACHING I WAS NEVER QUITE GOOD ENOUGH - I'M PERFECT THE WAY I AM BITCH. FUCK YOU FOR FUCKING ME. FUCK YOU FOR STILL HAVING MY FAMILY. JUST FUCK YOU.

I now hand the time over to anyone else who wants to vent a little. It has helped me, I think.

I know it's not good to harbour such feelings, but hell, venting is good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 12:09PM

I bet Toby Kieth would sing the hell out of that!....lol

Posted by: melting pot ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 12:23PM

Speaking of songs...your vent reminded me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU (warning: swearage)

Good for you Crossroads for taking matters into your hands and calling the shots. Now you are free and it's all about recovery from here on out. Go celebrate!

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 12:26PM

I have actually never thrown the F=bomb...but if anyone deserves it it's the mormon church. They have 4 of my kids in their grubby mits and I hate them for that. What I see my kids go through because of their religion is very painful. As you all understand.

So yea,I'll "sing the song" with you.

Posted by: ghost ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 12:32PM

I was actually very peaceful for 4 months after I left. Then I made the mistake of attended a morg church meeting with a friend who wanted company as she was checking out a new single's ward. Afterward I was overcome with rage at the manipulation of the members and my own lost years in the cult. That was 19 years ago and although I am mostly recovered, I still have anger nearly every time I have to deal with a mormon. I am not mad at them, but at their indoctrinated cult-speak. I guess I am infuriated that there seems to be nothing at all I can do to have an authentic dialogue with people I care about.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 01:29PM

That sure is a lot of naughty language. I'm so glad I can repent for having read this... Blurg, sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 01:35PM

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 03:14PM

When is your court scheduled?

They may still hold it just to spite you.

Can someone comment on how Crossroads should proceed now?

How does that work when you resign via e-mail?

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 03:26PM

He stammered.........but when ranting the s and f words he spoke well.

I loved watching him rant.
The King's Speech is a great movie....rated R.

So Crossroads rant away. Let it all out.
This is a good safe place to do it.

K

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 03:27PM

It is good that you are acknowledging and allowing the inevitable anger at the church that rises as we begin to realize the extent of the church's harmful influence.

Don't worry; anger is VERY normal and expected at this point!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 03:37PM

Forgive me, but are you attempting to offer the cult a nice warm cup of F**K-YOU?

Very good!

Timothy

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 05:30PM

so a lot of my anger has been worked through. I still have anger over situations like my TBM daughter and she is the reason I finally resigned because she keeps "hoping"--so I felt I needed to make a statement.

The day I sent it, I never really gave it a second thought. Every now and then throughout the day I'd remember I had sent it. I have had more of a sense of relief--but I went inactive over 15 years ago.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 10:58PM

How did you become a member of the cult?
How many years were you in the cult?
What caused you to decide to quit?
Just wondering, if you care to answer.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 11:02PM

Yes, absolutely. I went through a very definite anger period, but you do come out at the other end of it. It's all a part of the healing process.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 12:33AM

Good good. Let it all out. This is natural phase. We're all on differnt checkpoints on the road to recovery. *sniff* soon you'll be at the point where you're posting absolutely silly things ridiculing grown men and their adult underwares.

Posted by: s1747302 ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 04:18AM

Mormon Religion
Controlling our loved one's hearts
Pay, pray and obey

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 11:15AM

When I consider the years I spent blaming myself for a lack of testimony, when the church wasn't even true to begin with.

It was a mindf*%^.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.