Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 11:55AM

Ya, I posted this over there too, but I thought it deserved its own air time:

Shila and I had plans for going to a nice steakhouse on Saturday night. Screw that Monday Valentine's Day crapola, why bother?

So, during the day on Saturday, we had to run errands and go to the grocery store. Among other things, we needed some every day wine (Parker Estates and Sterling Cabernet), and over by the wine racks is the floral shoppe. Shila saw some flowers (yellow and ping variagated) and said "I like these!". So, I bought 'em. Then, we went to the meat department and they had some great looking angus Prime tenderloins (center cut). Got some and two huge bone-in ribeyes. Then she asked "Hey, why don't we just stay home and have candlelight dinner in our jammies!!???" "Cool beans" was my response and I think we'd save about $200. So, that's what we did. Put on our jammies, grilled steaks and veggies (red/yellow/orange bell peppers with red onions and mushrooms), roasted some baby new potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and had a nice cheesecake for dessert. Caymus Cab all along the way. It was yummy.

Anyway, about the time we're ready for dessert, our neighbor (we've adopted her, 35, just lost her husband about a year ago) shows up with two other girlfriends, all gussied up with little black dresses and miles and miles of cleavage showing. They wanted me to take pictures, so I did (no you can't have one LOL). They were headed out to our favorite steakhouse, so when they leave, I call ahead and ask the matre d' to give them a bottle of wine (Far Niente, 2005 Cab) and put it on my account.

Okay, so then Shila and I are off to bed for some patty-cake, and the neighbor and her friends call all gushy about the bottle of wine, half-drunk, out boot-scooting in their little black dresses and do-me pumps! We laughed and laughed and laughed. Next morning, she calls and they all have blisters on their feet! Bwahahahahahahaha!

This was, bar none, one of the best Valentine's Days we've ever had.

Just sayin'

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 11:59AM

I was at my boyfriend's for 11 days in January. He fixed dinner for me every night (he is an excellent cook), took me to see "Cirque du Soleil."

He will be driving through on Friday and I'll actually fix dinner for him . . . don't need a special day to "celebrate."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 12:00PM by cl2.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 12:24PM

ExMormonRon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shila saw some
> flowers (yellow and ping variegated) and said "I
> like these!". So, I bought 'em.

The ability to use the word variegated properly in a sentence... A sure sign of a guy that has been around women a lot!

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 12:27PM

why don't you post the pics bro. Need proof.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 12:27PM

Or, never goes anywhere except to dig around in the garden. :)

Ron

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.