Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 07:51PM

I know there are exceptions to every rule. But I have been trying to analyze my feelings and experiences in the morg for over 50 years. I can't honestly say that every more men I ever knew was a asshole. I have to be honest and say we're a few this unlike good on its people, doing their best to live the good life. It seems like from my experience an observation that many converts an event persons born in the church are attracted to the ideas of family, love, and Christ like life. My observation is that it takes time for a cult to do it's indoctrination, and brainwashing. When you're in your teens, and even up to do early thirties were very impressionable busy and somewhat innocent. It takes time to grow into hate, self centeredness, close mindedness, and cult thinking. After a person has been I in a cult, long enough, they are full fledged brainwashed helpless people. It takes time for the mormon church to turn good people into bad. I think the ones that I used to like we're the ones that were not fully indoctrinated. They are the ones that the mormon church puts forward and as we are the Mormons. They need to put boyde packer, and those like him that are the real mormons. This is one of the most clever cults ever invented. It pushes the young and innocent into public view, hiding all the evils and the truth about their satinic corporation that steals the people's money and generally Willens good people's lives and families. cult

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: testiphony ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 09:03PM

maybe for the same reason it's hard to recognize psychological wounds as equally severe as physical.

I think in most cases it comes down to the circumstance, meaning the tribal mentality. When you are in the perceived realms of their defined "good," much of the character of Mormons is pretty agreeable, if saccharin.

But engaging them outside of that context hits a psychological distress button, maybe similarly to a series of flashing lights causes seizure in those with epilepsy (forgive my lack of knowledge on epilepsy, but you know what I mean).

On a good day I really sympathize with them, espousing such a small tribe and trying to come to grips with a vastly complex and dynamic world.

I really struggle to understand what keeps them in the tribe, at least mentally, and others are able to free themselves. At the risk of sounding elitist I usually just settle on the notion that those who are more extroverted and more dependent on a social group are more likely to stay whereas the introverts feel like they have less to give up by absconding.

But then the mental wheels start churning again and I wonder why an authoritarian, one-size fits all social system would produce those who are inclined to question and abandon it. What is the causal difference in those people?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 09:13PM

No matter how nice they are, just think how much nicer they'd be if they weren't Mormons?

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 12:34AM

My Mormon neighbor used to bring me pecans from his tree. He was cool. Talked about the weather, never religion.

His wife told me when he was dying he wished he'd brought more souls to the Lard.

I told her I think that's probably why he's going to Heaven, if there is one.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 02:40AM

Well, there are a number of people you can meet where the first impression is favorable.........then you get to know them............

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 02:43AM

Like your boyfriend's mother?

Couldn't help myself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.