Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: donser ( )
Date: February 13, 2011 04:26PM

Hey everyone!

We are planning on having an exmormon meetup at Spider House Cafe in Austin next Sunday, the 20th, at 3pm. spiderhousecafe.com for map and menu.

If you have any questions, concerns, or would like an email reminder at the end of the week feel free to email me at mapfeil@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 15, 2011 02:25PM

topping :)

Date: February 16, 2011 06:25PM

For those who have not seen this..

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 06:39PM

My sis moved to Austin about 8 months ago and she is in the process of resigning. She has a couple of little girls who are 4 and 6 - are there any people in the group with kids? She's looking for new friends down there, so I might tell her about this.

Date: February 17, 2011 07:03PM

Several people in the group do have kids, though none of them have brought their kids with them yet. There is talk about trying to find a place more suitable for kids as Spider House is a coffee bar/cafe more geared towards adults and college students. She's more then welcome to come.

Posted by: Clusterfetch ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 08:51PM

Jolene,

As Donser says, there are plenty of exmos here with kids. My wife and I get together socially with other apostates here all the time, but as far as "official" group events go, we've done the Spider House gatherings, which have been really fun, and then a couple of pot lucks at our place where people have brought their kids. The apostates I've met here have 27 kids among them ranging from toddlers up to my 13 year old daughter. Anyway, we're overdue for the next kid-friendly gathering, so we'll put something together soon. In the meantime, please tell your sister to feel free to contact me at clusterfetch@gmail.com. We'd love to get together - we have a four year old girl as well.

Posted by: Lilith's Daughter ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 11:23PM

I have an 8 yo daughter. This will be my first meeting, so I am looking forward to it.

If anyone wants Girl Scout cookies I can hook you up- LOL.

Posted by: Hannah ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 10:41AM

Hey! My sister linked me over here- I'm the one that moved here last summer with kids. I am going to try to make is Sunday and would totally be down with a future kid friendly meet up in the future!

@ Lilith's Daughter- what do you have left? I might want a box or two! Don't know any little Girl Scouts here yet so I thought I missed out :)

Date: February 18, 2011 10:51AM

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! We'll probably be at the fire pit in the back.

Date: February 18, 2011 11:50AM

@ Hannah- Right now I have a little of everything left. I can set something aside for you. Thanks. Cookie season ends Friday, so this is our last weekend. I will be coming to the meeting straight from running a booth, so I will have cookies in my car.

I also look forward to a kid-friendly get together. Any other homeschoolers?

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 11:55AM

Lemonades?

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 12:57PM

hi jolene, we live in Austin & we have kidlets. we've been at several of the kid-friendly get togethers and would like to try some of the adultish ones they just happen to have fallen on workdays lately.

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 01:48PM

Sounds like a great group! My sister (Hannah) is going to try and make it on Sunday and hopefully plan some kid friendly stuff with you guys in the future. Makes me wish I lived in Austin!

Date: February 19, 2011 03:41PM

Topping one last time :)

Date: February 19, 2011 04:48PM

@ExMormonRon - I have a few Lemonades left. Tell me how many you want and i will set them aside. The girls had a good sales day today, there may not be much left tomorrow.

Date: February 20, 2011 10:08AM

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.