Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 08:02PM

If there is outer darkness I wonder if there's inner darkness. I think I've seen it in most of the morg members that I've met. I think I prefer the outer darkness. When I was trying to find truth in the mormon church, I felt like I was trying to find a black cat in a dark closet. So much for darkness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 08:21PM

Outer Darkness is where the Sons of Perdition will be cast. Those wishing to audition for "Sons" should report to Outer Darkness. Please bring a brief resume, photo and visa, if applicable. Sorry, resumes and photos will not be returned.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 12:26AM

Is there a role for a black cat in a dark closet?

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:42AM

The role of a black cat in a dark closet is to hide those things no one in power wants you to know. The only way to catch the cat is to follow it's shit, but each time you find some shit the cat has already moved again...Kind on like finding true mormon doctrine. It keeps moving even after you find shit.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:21AM

I'll be in outer darkness with plenty of people I know.....having a party!! They never said outer darkness didn't have strobe lights and loud music with an open bar! I can make this up as I go too (just like the LDS church). :)

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 08:47PM

Mormon women are denied even the prospect of outer darkness - nobody ever heard of a daughter of perdition...

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:02AM

I wondered about women being sons of perdition a few months back and I asked my bishop and he said as far as he knows the LDS believe that women can be "equal opportunity perditionizers". I found his answer to be quite amusing in it's own way, but he is a very different kind of bishop to begin with.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 08:55AM

I always heard that, since women don't hold the priesthood, we don't have complete enough knowledge or understanding to truly deny the spirit. Or some such nonsense.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 10:48AM

I haven;t heard that term "outer darkness" outside Mormonism but I suspect it comes from the ideas that God is light and only darkness exists where he is not present. In the Exodus story God's presence with Israel was demonstrated by a pillar of fire.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.