Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Luna692 ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 08:01PM

Hi all at RFM,
I just thought I would share my experience this last weekend. I went on a date for the first time since getting dumped a few months ago. I met this guy and seemed very nice we had a whole long discussion before going on our date. We have been talking and what not. He knows I am pagan and not LDS he also owns pagan books and tells me he is. We go on r date number one and date number two. Out of the blue he calls me this week and tells me what a good person I am and how I am like noone he has ever met and then drops this bomb shell. "You inspired me so much I went back to the LDS church after being inactive for over 8 months" "I just know in my heart that I am going to recieve a callling like a teacher again" knowing I am pagan and knowing i dont care. My whole reaction is basicly WTF. He seems perfectly respectable but something about him seems off. I just thought I would share this story because I wonder if other mormon men will make bizare stories up just to meet women.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 08:08PM

Assuming you are in a high LDS area, he shouldn't have a problem getting a date. Most women I meet are LDS, and when they find out I am not, the response is always, "I'm looking for someone who is LDS."

Posted by: Otremer ( )

Perhaps your Paganism inspired him since Mormons claim to be Christians and Christians are really Pagans too. http://www.pocm.info/

Posted by: summer ( )

Run as fast as you can the other way.

Posted by: Eric ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 08:09PM

It's probably some programming from his past that he hasn't gotten rid of. It used to work before, so he says it without thinking now, thinking it'll impress you or something.

Posted by: paulrc ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 09:39PM

"I wonder if other mormon men will make bizare stories up just to meet women."

Why would mormon men be any different than the rest? :)

Actually it sounds like the dates were just a front toward his real agenda of possibly bringing you to mormonism. From these discussion boards, it seems like that stuff happens all the time.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 10:19PM

Maybe he dated you thinking he could get you to convert. Hard to know what was going on in his head.
He has made it clear that he's a believing Mormon and has nothing in common with you.

Mormonism is apparently his generational, cultural, religious "tribe" as I often say. It's his home and his family and he is most likely looking for someone he can marry in one of their temples as that is the ultimate goal.

If he calls you again, it's likely to invite you to church!:-) That will confirm his motives from the get-go.
Won't be hard for you to tell him: no thank you, and don't call me again.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 01:30PM

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that because it's a dealbreaker for me. Nice getting to know you a little. Buh-bye."

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 02:57PM

Another storyteller Mormon guy. Oh, he adores you so much he has returned to his faith. BUNK!!! He just told you a story to catch you and reel you in. Don't fall for it. That organization is such a nightmare for the ill-informed. Read up on Mormonism and read here often and you will see you need to leave him at once.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 03:06PM

Did you show him your breasticles? That always throws 'em for a loop.

ron

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 03:19PM

He belongs to a cult and he has been subjected to cult brainwashing his whole life.

The thing about inactives is that they still believe "the church is true". Any problems are their own personally. The church is never wrong, the church is never at fault, the church is never to blame. Any fault is with their own ability to keep the rules, to live the gospel. They usually believe that at some point they will "get it together" and return to the church in activity.

Wish him well and move on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.