Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:08PM

I have to admit I have a few of them and use them from time to time. Browsing through one of the last cookbooks I got from that ward I was amazed at how many of the people who submitted recipes are just names on a page now. I can't remember who half of them are! I figure some were inactive or transient members and the others were people who flew below the radar. Of the people I do recognize, there was one person I wondered about and how they might be getting along. The rest of them? Nope...could really care less.

It just goes to show you that having built in "friends" just based on ward boundaries does not foster true friendships. At least it didn't for me. I lived in that ward for 27 years and I've only been gone for a few years but was inactive for a few years before that.

I also noticed that most of the recipes are very unhealthy! LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:13PM

over the years when I cooked more than I do now.
Most were older recipes from past generations. The ones I submitted were from our traditional family recipes.
They were typical of how people ate -- many were from the Depression Era.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:15PM

Did you see any recipes for sushi? Coffee-mocha pancakes? Hair of the dog?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:24PM

the ward I grew up in and that my mother put together when she was a counselor in the R.S. back in the 1960s. I still use some of the recipes. The really ODD thing is that I do actually still talk to some of these women (who are at least my mother's age).

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:27PM

How about jello, funeral potatoes, and fry sauce?

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 04:29PM

Teriyaki Chicken with homemade sauce. Yum!

I know what you mean about all the people. There are several that I have fond remembrances of but I'm only in contact with one of them - I haven't told her about my apostasy yet. Knowing her though, I don't think it would make much difference.

TG

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.