Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 02:13AM

That was basically what the front page big story in todays school newspaper told us.

http://www.thedailyaztec.com/

The story says that SDSU got bad press last year. Don't ALL schools make fun of their opponent? Isn't the missionary mocking pretty normal at BYU games?

I think the way SDSU athletics is handling it kinda dumb, or maybe trying to cover their own butts saying, "We told them to be nice."

According to the article some of the witty yet allowed signs will say, "For the last time get off our doorstep!" and "Which mom named you Jimmer?" It doesn't appear that the expensive marketing firms TSCC has hired have been able to cast off the mormon stigma.

I understand not being offensive to the team we are hosting, but being too nice just because we don't want to hurt feelings is just silly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 02:56AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 03:00AM

Was Mormonism nice to Blacks?
Is Mormonism nice to gays?

Date: February 25, 2011 03:08AM

jon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was Mormonism nice to Blacks?

the MORmON church was always the Black's best friend & highest advocate.... just ask a MORmON!

> Is Mormonism nice to gays?
MORmONS love everyone, just ask a MORmON!

MORmONS are too holy,respectable & honest to be made fun of,
just ask a MORmON, if you can stop laughing at them long enough to do it.

Posted by: omg hai ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 05:29AM

jon Wrote:
> Was Mormonism nice to Blacks?
> Is Mormonism nice to gays?

Are Mormonism nice to atheists?

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 09:13AM

Just because some racist events transpired in the past are you going to condemn & make fun of the people in the arena?
Most of them have nothing to do with the shit transpired in the past.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 09:42AM

But they deny the past. Try to cover it up.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 03:51PM

Do most active Mormons believe that they are right and you are wrong?

Are most active Mormons willing to enter into a discussion about the actual historical facts?

How many active Mormons stood against Mormonism's active discrimination against gay people?

How many non-Mormons do you know that actively try to push their religious agenda onto other people?

When Mormons and the Mormon Church complain about being picked on they are being HYPOCRITES, and deserve all the ridicule that comes their way.

Date: February 25, 2011 03:03AM

no one makes fun of MORmONS because MORmONS are so highly respected ....in MORmON minds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQO35SbGi0

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 05:49AM

bingoe4 Wrote:
> Don't ALL schools make fun of their opponent?

Not at my Pac 12 school (at least not openly, and we would never have made signs that mocked our visitors.) We used to snicker sometimes when we saw the fans of visiting teams in their outlandish getups (their team colors in some cases were rather unfortunate.) We usually enjoyed having visitors because many times we liked them (are the Stanford band's performances still as wacky and fun as they used to be?) and we were also very proud of our town and campus.

I was rather shocked when I moved elsewhere and heard about how the students at my new flagship state school are quite rude to visiting teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 05:55AM by summer.

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 08:53AM

..back in 1992. The cougs were playing Utah. Even the Utah fans made fun of the mormons to their face, at the marriot, loudly, and in full view of everyone. In fact, everytime the cheers rang out "BYU" the Utah fans would yell "sucks."

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 11:47AM

Betty Bowers sure makes fun of the Mormons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M39FRIGc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 02:52PM

Why are mormons so thin skinned? I think they know their full of BS and don't like it when others point it out. To all TMBs/utarhds/mormons I say, grow up!

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 04:37PM

Mormonism is based on the fact that every other religion and way of life is not only not good enough but flawed, incomplete and apostate (Mormons dish it out). If anyone however takes shots at Mormonism in any way believers get their garments in a huge wad and cry foul (but they can't take it).

Truth is the more you whine about that stuff the more people are annoyed by you. LDS would do well to laugh along with it all but that's hard when you take it all too seriously.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 03:27PM

Don't the Mormons want everyone to make fun of them> Doesn't it bond them, aren't they a peculiar people by their own words?

/sarcasm

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 03:42PM

I'll stop when they stop being patroniseing to me.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 04:17PM

Making fun of mormons is so easy, it's not fun. The only way to make it a challenge is to do it in a way they think you are complimenting them, but every nomo and exmo in the room knows better. ie Brother joe says to someone else in the room " I know the bom is true/ church is true because I felt a warm feeling in my chest as I prayed about it." You chime in chiperly "How can you argue with that!" Brother Joe thinks you agree with him. Lots of fun.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 04:35PM

OMG! Those things are just soooo funny!

But actual mormons are dour, cranky, stuffy and sour, without a shred of good humor among the lot of them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.