Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: criselli ( )
Date: March 12, 2011 11:22AM

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for the help. I have been a member of the church my whole life, but havent been active for 12 years. I posted on here this time last year when me and my nonmormon husband found out our children had church records. I followed all of the advice on here and a few weeks ago I got confimation that my children and I are no longer members of the church!! YAY!! I still fear that the church will find them and convert them when they are older, but for now all is well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 12, 2011 11:24AM

Congratulations. :o)

I'm sure that's a weight off your shoulders.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 12, 2011 01:40PM

Congrats....once they are old enough to understand - assuming they aren't now- do explain all this to them. Go into detail about all the research you did, etc. and that you wanted to protect them from the overbearing Mormon church. Make sure you are very specific. They will try to come get them. But your advice and reasons for leaving will stay with them most likely and help them make good choices.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.