Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 02:43PM

So my bishop's first counselor met with me on Sunday to "get to know me" (per bishop's request) before extending me the calling to work with the Webelos. I was glad to see the bishop had kept confidence about my certainty that the church is a complete fraud, not that I care if it's kept confidential or not.

Anyway, I told the guy about my "doubts," and he seemed pretty understanding, and actually ended up unloading his burden of being recently divorced, moving to a new area and suddenly called into the bishopric. He even told me of some doubts he had earlier in life and never mentioned any kind of resolution he had discovered, except that he went on a mission at that point with the purpose of just "being kind and making friends," and had had a good experience.

Well, this got me thinking about how far along the path to ex-mormonhood this guy might be, and I thought about several other people I know in the ward and stake who seem to be on the verge of disbelief or closet unbelievers (and who, without fail, have an obvious TBM spouse).

Anyway, I got that old missionary feeling again and wanted to share with everyone the fraud that is the mormon church. Plans started going through my head about scoping out the unbelievers and creating a sort of alternate elder's quorum. We could call it the elder's phorum, or the dead prophets society, and have really meaningful lessons during the 3rd hour in an empty room or outside somewhere. No topic would be taboo, and dissent would be encouraged.

Then I thought about the repercussions this would have with my TBM wife, and I bowed my head and said yes. I'll start with the Webelos next week.

(PS. my wife has fluctuated with her beliefs. I'm still holding out hope for the elder's phorum some day)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 05:50PM

Yes, teach them to think critically. The truth is relative to your perspective. As some president said "When two armies both believe that god is on their side, at least ONE is wrong"

The answer to a question that starts with "god ..." should be questioned further.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.