Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 11:06AM

There are lots of excellent podcasts available on Mormon topics, such as mormonstories, mormonexpression, and others. I used to hesitate to take advantage of them because of the time involved in listening to an hour (or two or three) broadcast. Some months ago, however, I got a copy of Audio Speed Changer, that allows you to speed up an audio file without changing the pitch. I can now listen to an hour's tape in 30 minutes. Here's the blurb:

Audio Speed Changer Pro lets you to speed up audio files without changing the pitch. It is primarily intended for accelerating audio books and podcasts, but can be surely used with any other sound track or file. Batch processing feature and convenient user interface make Audio Speed Changer Pro a valuable tool for book listeners and authors who want to save time.

It usually costs about $20 but today it is a freebie from www.giveawayoftheday.com - but ONLY today.

I have tried to find shareware software that does this, without success. So this is a good opportunity if you are a podcast listener.

Disclaimer - I am not associated with either giveawayoftheday or with the maker of Audio Speed Changer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.