Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 04:13PM

My TBM parents and TBM brother and his family are with us. I noticed my SIL was reading EVERYTHING!! She was very into it. I was reading what I could, but with a 3 yr old it's like having ADHD.

Did looking at Egyption stuff as a TBM make you question? If not, how did you wrap your mind around it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 04:18PM

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 05:13PM

I've studied and loved Egyptian history and mythology most of my life (I even dropped a few thousand to fly to Cairo, which was one of the greatest experiences of my life), and it made my faith in Mormonism somewhat troublesome.

I remember reading about Egyptus in the Pearl of Great Price and thinking, "Well, this can't be right!" The whole chronology of events seemed askew as well (although this is as much an issue with biblical assertions as it is with Mormon canon).

The Book of Abraham facsimiles were very familiar to me from my studies, and yet it took me well over a decade to officially call bullshit on Joseph Smith's supposed translation.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 05:54PM

It did make me wonder what was up. How could those dynasties have not been impacted by the flood?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.