Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 01:54PM

I must have sinned or something. Six years ago I had to have my right hip replaced (avascular necrosis). Doc told me 50/50 chance that the other hip or a shoulder would have the same problem.

I'll be damned, now my other hip is fucked up. Have an appointment on the 19th with the same surgeon. I'll be the Six Million Dollar Man if this keeps up.

Apparently, hips don't like sinning.......or Haagen Daz for that matter.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 01:59PM

I haven't had surgery like that, but my dad has. Courage to you.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 02:00PM

As a medical oddity myself, I feel for you.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 02:12PM

I was 45 years old at the time, and in 1991 I had to have both hips replaced. Same thing, Avascular Necrosis. (no known cause) I had both operations done, one in June, and one in August. that was twenty years ago this year, and I feel great. I was lucky in that I did not have to have the sockets done at the same time, so mine were only partial hip replacements. Today, I walk (can't run) two miles in thirty minutes every day, and I am probably about as fit as I have ever been. (Knock on wood) I retired from working when I was 55 years old and the last ten years have been the best of my life.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 02:17PM

I'm not scared about it. First time, they had me up and walking with a walker the next day. Loved the morphine! :)

I just don't want to burn off vacation time recuperating. It's funny though, I know exACTly what it feels like in the hip and it removes all doublt. It's AVN again.

Sigh.

Ron

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 02:37PM

I can feel your pain. I've had both hips replaced too. I also loved the morphine. I was in so much pain before the surgeries that my dr. gave me morphine patches to wear. Talk about la la land!

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 03:30PM

I wish you relief from it!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.