Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lily ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 09:52PM

So I'm reading Ken Jenning's "Ask Me Anything" on Red dit- which is side-splittingly hysterical. (I'll link at the end.) He talks about all sorts of "non-TBM friendly" things, in my opinion. Yet he talks about being a devout Mormon.

So... does he just say that so he doesn't ALSO become, "Ken Jennings, excommunicated?" Or does TSCC just let him do what he wants as long as they get 10% of his ridiculous amounts of cash?!

I just don't understand how someone who is SO smart, and so irreverent, can call himself a devout Mormon without that being the punchline to something...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 09:54PM

just look @ all the famous mormons who are millionares, billionares, etc. don't you know they ALL tithe very generously??

Date: March 25, 2011 09:57PM

And I actually got to this particular interview from Wil Wheaton's webpage, and was reading references to the FSM there...

I know really smart people sometimes believe strange things, but MORMONISM? Really? I don't buy it.

Maybe he's lurking here. Maybe he stays in the church for his wife?

Date: March 25, 2011 09:55PM

Okay... the forum doesn't like Red-dit? (It won't let me write it correctly...)

Can I have permission to link it, or is that site off limits for some reason?

Posted by: zarahemwhat ( )
Date: March 26, 2011 03:03AM

That was an awesome AMA- he even dropped some funny disparaging jokes about Utah. He was thoughtful and smart and had me laughing. He said he didn't think it was fair to see members as monolithically boring, but he's so unlike every Mormon I know- just so much less uptight about everything and so natural in his speech. Glad someone mentioned it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.