Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonForNow ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:15AM

I'm bored and was looking through babycenter. I was shocked at how many of them admit to hating Sundays. I always hated it when I had to sit through 3 hours of church too but back when I was a TBM, I would never have admitted it!

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a27006549/whats_your_least_favorite_day_of_the_week

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hugh Geoffens-Kaamm ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:26AM

At least they're discussing some really important stuff.

Posted by: AquaLeo ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:00AM

you should read the NIP thread!

Posted by: AquaLeo ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:04AM

guess I should link the NIP thread!

I posted on this one, as I did on the least favorite day 8-)

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a27002031/update_pg_4-_dh_says_nip_is_a_modesty_issue

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 04:19AM

"nursing in public." These mormon chicks on Babycenter come up with the some really assinine terms. The stupidest one I've seen is referring to having sex as "doing the baby dance." Barf.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 09:39AM

i got it now!! that site is pure entertainment!! :)
and :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 09:40AM by bignevermo.

Posted by: westernwillows ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:41AM

I bet these are the same women who made their children leave the Wendy's in Rexburg when I showed up there wearing *gasp!* a sleeveless shirt (not even a tank top!) and a pair of shorts that didn't go all the way to my knees (as far as I'm concerned, I have great legs, and mid thigh is plenty of coverage) True story. I could HEAR these women whispering to their children about modesty and how sometimes we meet people who who aren't members of our church and we should stay away from them.... Thank dog I was only passing through!

Personally, I use my breasts to make better tips at work. HF may have given them their breasts to feed their children, but he gave me mine to pay the bills =)

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:52AM

After reading this link, I really think they should change the name of that site to "Airhead Central." These are some of the most vapid people in the country. Their problems concern baby seats in vans, shopping, hair drying, church activities, driving, household chores, husbands days off, taking kids to school and getting manicures. Can you say "Stepford Wives?"

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 11:30AM

Are you referring to the LDS board or the whole site? I agree about the LDS board, but there's a "Dealing with Inlaws" board that's really very cool. There are those for whom inlaw issues are enough to drive them to therapy, and I think the dealing with inlaws board is probably more valuable. I do not have inlaws, I just followed a link there, and it's actually pretty useful for dealing with people in general, asserting yourself, etc. It's pretty much the polar opposite of the LDS board (LDS families, Mormons and more and dealing with inlaws are the only boards I've read there). They are the anti-stepford wives. The LDS families board, however, is nauseating.

I know I mentioned this, or linked to the post in an earlier thread about LDS BBC, but one of the most unreal things I've seen there was a post by a member who said that she didn't have the motivation to shower, and hadn't showered in 4 days or so, and her husband suggested to her that she shower due to odor. She was OUTRAGED that he would suggest such a thing, how hurtful, how bossy, etc. More than half the women were backing her up!!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 06:25AM

You'd think they would figure it out, wouldn't you?"

I feel for the mom who has four kids age seven and under, and her young husband is tied up all day on Sundays with church meetings. That's just all kinds of wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 06:26AM by summer.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 09:34AM

To them thats the role of women and men. Women exist to serve men and not think for themselves or about themselves. I swair some mormon families women have kids just so theres someone around to keep them company that wont bite them so when the kids grow teeth it's time for another.

Posted by: npangel ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 05:56AM

Babycenter-One brainwashed idiot woman's Sunday morning...

I don't like most Saturdays and Sunday mornings.

I always look forward to weekends, but in reality, weekends are just more of the same, only there are more people around not really helping, and more interests and schedules to work around.

And Sunday mornings are just an absurdity. Not particularly stressful, but still, how is it that I get up early with the boys, change and feed them, clean up after them, find their church clothes (which on a good Sunday I made sure were ready in the chaos of Saturday), get started on their bath...Brett usually shows up for that and helps some, but usually wanders in and out of the bathroom while I'm the one who stays uncomfortable in there the entire time...I dress at least one boy every week, sometimes both, gather up snacks most weeks and often pacifiers and blankets, take my own three-minute shower at the absolute last minute; I'm ready for church in 20 minutes.

Brett's morning, OTOH, goes something like this. Roll over in bed, having slept in, and realize I"m not there. Get up. Have breakfast. Read. Computer. Watch TV. Whatever. Notice I"m bathing babies and help for a few minutes. Disappear again. I usually hear his shower going (LOOONG shower) while I am fixing snacks or rounding up shoes. He shows up in time to herd everyone to the car.

Posted by: Jeanie ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:04AM

Brett ought to be REALLY happy he's not married to me. Would have hauled his a$$ out of bed. What an idiot

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 11:35AM

Do people who attend regular churches pack up snacks for their kids? Seems to me, if snacks need to be packed it should be the first sign that the church block is too long and possibly not the best way for your kids to spend the day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.