Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 08:33PM

This is in response to the ? about attending a presbyterian church. I am still a presbyterian b/c I did decide against joining the lds church. Suz, I'd noticed some of the posts and under google search, presbyterian.org there were some topics/sites that did speak of other than men being in the ministry. I do realize that being in MS and attending/joining several presbyterian churches along the yrs. (when we'd relocate)that men are more prominant but that there are women, as well I never witnessed it, myself, but google search under that site did have a blog a concerning members voting to keep a homosexual female minister in the church. there was a vote and she was voted to stay in. I do know from my experiences over the yrs. it is a laid back church and the ones i attended here in MS had great youth leaders and youth programs for the younger. I also know they worship the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Gl on your visit/venture, if you do decide to go. Hey, I went to lds church (about a half a dozen times)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 08:44PM

the only reason i went under the presbyterian.org site, is b/c i had commited to mormonism and was noticing all of the derrogatory info online so therefore, i decided i'd go under pres. site to see if there was so much derrogatory stuff and wahla, wasn't NEARLY the same. As far as the content itself, and then the negative comments and the quantity of sites about lds faith. The contrast of Presbyterian and Mormonism was like night and day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.