Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 01:37PM

I always bumped heads with the church because I've always been a natural leader, a strong willed personality, and love to be in control of my destiny. When I see something I want, I go after it. I probably had all the things the church wanted in a member with the exception of bowing down to their authority and doing whatever they said to do regardless of my own goals, needs, and wants.

Staying in the church is like staying at a job because you are too scared of leaving it. We all have seen the employee who never gets ahead because management knows they will never quit. Ironically it's sometimes the best employees who get fired because they are viewed as a threat.

Staying in the church is like staying in a bad marriage because you are afraid of making it on your own. One reason the church wants women to have lots of babies at a young age is they are easier to control. Where is she going to go with no career skills and lots of mouths to feed?

I was tired of my decision on where to live was based on whether the ward was good or not. I wanted to buy a victorian styled home in a historic neighborhood and decided not to because the ward was all older people and I didn't want to get stuck being in high callings with nobody to delegate to. I actually didn't buy the house because of that.

It just boiled down to where I wanted to just live my life without considering anything in the church while living it. I wanted to be in charge of my own decisions whether I succeeded or failed without some outside agenda involved in it. I have to deal with the government meddling enough as is, so I don't need a church mixed in with that quagmire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dowahdiddy ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 02:13PM

Agreed and good use of the word quagmire!!

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 02:42PM

I see that with my TBM wife who has control issues. She would use my alleged sins to control me the same way the morg does with it members. The only problem is I won't let her.

Often controllers have pedantic tendencies and the morg has NO shortage of rules which can make it like a magnet for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.