Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: April 01, 2011 01:04AM

One of the things that really disturbs me about the "Pious Fraud" argument for perpetuating the fraud of Mormonism is the control issue. I find it fundamentally immoral to assume that one adult is in a better suited to make decisions for another adult. The problem takes an insidious step when one adult then withholds information or manipulates another based on his or her assumed superiority.

I was reminded of this very disconcerting aspect of Mormonism when a TBM man told me about an analogous situation with his wife. His wife was given a prescription drug to help her deal with insomnia. He felt that the drug was not necessary and thus switched her prescription drug with empty capsules. I find both instances reprehensible, indicative of very poor judgment, and a reason to withdraw trust in the person with the "God Complex."

An adult should be allowed to make decisions for him or herself and removal of that right is not up to any other person. Just like the man who deprived his wife of her prescription drugs, any Mormon leader who falls back on the "Pious Fraud" defense are proving that they are untrustworthy and have an impaired moral reasoning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: April 01, 2011 01:22AM

I think it is also interesting that in some instances making decisions for other people carry civil or criminal penalties but with religion not being completely forthcoming is protected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.